All reviewsred lion hotelshuttle runsbart stationpark and flyan early flightcomplimentary breakfastshuttle servicecarmelooakhawaiiconvenienceneighborhoodgamebayfreeway
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night here, and thoroughly regret not reading the reviews first!

First of all it is way outdated, and our room had stains on the floor and the inside latch on the door was ghetto-rigged in order to work!

The lights in the entrance and in the bathroom have motion sensors, which at first seemed fancy, but turned out to be a nuisance since they turned On everytime the A/C kicked on, all night!

The bed was springy and uncomfortable ( we both woke up feeling stiff and sore). And the a/c vent blows directly on the bed, so I kept waking up feeling either hot, or cold- or maybe it was the motion- light that woke me up.. Either way, this hotel needs a SERIOUS make-over before i'd ever consider it a 3-star hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Jazzysarah
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Spent a night here before heading to the airport. Scored a nice deal for a premium king room. I have no idea what fuels the negative reviews of this hotel: my experience was overwhelmingly positive. The lobby was not just clean, but professional and classy. Hotel staff was extremely helpful. I did not try the restaurant downstairs, but it looked like a spot I would have no qualms eating in. Walked by what seemed like a nice gym downstairs.Our room was spacious, clean and grand. It looked like a brand new suite. Clean fresh sheets, a desk, a couch, a nice balcony, decent lcd t.v., ironing board and iron, coffee maker (with coffee and cups), mini-fridge (stock yourself). The washroom is a piece of beauty: granite flooring, and the shower/tub surround was also granite. Not granite tiles, but actual large slabs of granite on the walls. Cleaning staff evidently take pride in their work and this is apparent in the little details, from the card on the table to folding the first sheet of toilet paper on the roll into a nice shell design. I definitely give this hotel a very high recommendation. Next time I am in Oakland, I know where to book.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and I stay at Red Lion hotels when we travel with our pet (hey have a card for pet owners), so when this hotel was recently re-badged, it was one of our first choices.

First, we only stayed a few hours due to a lay-over/connection on our trip from LIH-OAK-SEA. We arrived at about 10:30pm, and the airport shuttle was prompt. The shuttle equipment is an older van that has seen better days, but it did it's job.

When we arrived at the hotel we learned that the hotel phones had been inoperative for most of the evening and had just started working about 20 minutes prior to our arrival.

Check-in was fast and uneventful, we were given a room with a King-size bed as had been reserved.

The room was clean and fairly up-to-date with LCD television and WIFI. We were able to get some sleep for an early morning departure.

Check out was swift and the shuttle to the airport was not a hassle.

The only criticisms are-
Limited choices for restaurants or food. Reeeaaallllyyy limited.
There was no compact refrigerator or microwave as I have had at other Red Lion hotels.

Overall - given the proximity to the airport, the nice clean room, I believe this hotel is a value considering the other choices in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scottiam
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is one of the absolute worst hotels that I have stayed in in a VERY long time!

The customer service is horrible! The rooms are extremely outdated, there are stains all over the carpet, the paint is peeling and it feels like a Days Inn - springy bed and all.

It is definitely, without question, a 1/2 star quality at a 3 star price! I really question how this hotel ever qualified as a 3 star hotel. Don't waste your time or your money.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We got a great deal on a room here ($45) thorugh Priceline. Since we only needed the room for sleeping one night, we were pleased with the comfort of the bed and found the food from the restaurant to be tasty. The hotel had an older feel to it, but was kept clean. We didn't do much else but eat, sleep, and watch tv but felt the room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed watching the planes come in from afar, but other than that, the location was not great and our room had a pratty nasty view of the parking lot and an industrial area of the city. The staff seemed nice but we didin't really have much interaction. Nevertheless, we had a good meal and we got some good rest. We would definitley come back if we could get it for the same rate in the future. Nothing spectacular, but nothing to complain about either.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple