This is an older hotel, probably built in the 1930s or 40s. As such, it's got a lot of quirks - poor sound insulation, small bathrooms with old plumbing, and one old elevator. It was a good value for the money, but it is definitely not an upscale property.
On the upside, the property is always kept in immaculate condition - I saw staff sweeping and cleaning at all hours of the day. It's also in an ideal location for car travelers, with quick access to San Francisco, Berkeley, and east bay communities. there is also a great collection of restaurants within a couple blocks.
On the down side, the area seemed sketchy at times - I was frequently hit up by panhandlers at all hours of the day or night. also during my stay, the hotel always seemed to have a large number of 20-something guests that were using the place as a place to party at night, and it occasionally got noisy.
This is a good, basic hotel if you're looking for a economical place to stay in the Bay Area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Z Hotel, located in the heart of Jack London Square puts this boutique hotel in sync with the new Oakland vibe... "One of the coolest cities in America." The hotel offers first-class hospitality and an array of amenities. First on the list of amenities is Oakland's extraordinary climate... ranked #1 in America. With relatively cool summers, warm winters and little rain, you can get out almost anytime of any day. Second, on the list, is the walk ability of the neighborhood. And walk around you should... there are dozens of things to see and do. The Z's unique location puts you within walking distance of: The waterfront, marina, open spaces , bike trails, sailing, paddle boarding, canoeing, kayaking and rowing. 50+ restaurants, coffee houses, bars, beer gardens and urban wineries. Convention Center, Business District, Historic Old Oakland, City Center, Chinatown. Nightlife, live music, theater, movies, galleries and more. Free Broadway Bus Shuttle, San Francisco Ferry, BART, Amtrak Train and the A C Transit The Z... easy to remember, hard to forget! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Z Hotel Jack London Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Jack London Square Hotel Oakland
- Hotel At Jack London Square