I was looking for a hotel near restaurants, night life, attractions and water in the Oakland area. I was told about the Jack London Square. I looked for a budget hotel as I am usually am active sight seeing. This hotel is two block from Jack London Square, but wasn't a problem walking back to my room in the evening. The hotel grounds is a non-smoking property which means no smoking anywhere.
The hotel rooms are located on the second and third floors. There is a swimming pool, an elevator, ice machine, soda machine and a self serve laundry facility. The room has a heater, air conditioner, television, blow dryer, cloth iron and an ironing board. The room also has WiFi access with a code given at the front desk. The air conditioner is a little noisey, but it helped block the sound of the train that runs near by. Parking is located under the building or on the street.
There is a family type restaurant named Buttercup Grill which serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner that is located next door. The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful with directions and they even printed maps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Z Hotel, located in the heart of Jack London Square puts this boutique hotel in sync with the new Oakland vibe... "One of the coolest cities in America." The hotel offers first-class hospitality and an array of amenities. First on the list of amenities is Oakland's extraordinary climate... ranked #1 in America. With relatively cool summers, warm winters and little rain, you can get out almost anytime of any day. Second, on the list, is the walk ability of the neighborhood. And walk around you should... there are dozens of things to see and do. The Z's unique location puts you within walking distance of: The waterfront, marina, open spaces , bike trails, sailing, paddle boarding, canoeing, kayaking and rowing. 50+ restaurants, coffee houses, bars, beer gardens and urban wineries. Convention Center, Business District, Historic Old Oakland, City Center, Chinatown. Nightlife, live music, theater, movies, galleries and more. Free Broadway Bus Shuttle, San Francisco Ferry, BART, Amtrak Train and the A C Transit The Z... easy to remember, hard to forget! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Z Hotel Jack London Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Jack London Square Hotel Oakland
- Hotel At Jack London Square