“A home away from home with all we could want”
other travelers have booked this property
Light filled elegantly furnished living room with views.
View from windows, white tower is the new Bay Bridge tower.  Beyond is the Golden Gate Bridge.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Fully equipped kitchen
Morning view
Queen sized bed with high quality linens, choice of down or synthetic fill comforter.
Lots of drawer space for your belongings.
Bath has a removable shower head, wonderful massage/rain adjustable spray.
From of home, apartment is on right side, lower level.
Entry to 2202A from street, parking is directly behind you if you are standing here.
Enjoy beautiful sunsets!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Naresh_Ka...
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A home away from home with all we could want”
Reviewed July 24, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and I spent a little less than three weeks along with our two children aged 12 and 14 years in this beautiful and well maintained apartment while we were vacationing in the San Francisco Bay area. The location of the rental is in the wonderful Oakmore Highlands, which was very suited for us to holiday in a tranquil area away from the hustle bustle of Downtown Oakland but was still very convenient in terms of groceries, gas station to refuel our car, and a couple of restaurants nearby to eat. We could easily move around in neighboring areas of Berkeley, Downtown Oakland, and also San Francisco, which is around 16 miles away. We could not have asked for a better place with exquisite views of the Oakland and Golden Gate Bridges from the apartment and all the amenities we could have asked for. It felt like a home away from home to unwind and relax. The apartment, which is tastefully furnished, is exactly as shown in the pictures and very clean. Parking our rental car and a separate washer/dryer exclusively for us was very convenient. The kitchen was very well equipped with all we needed for cooking, as we wanted that option since we are vegetarian and cooked quite a few meals. The TV / Pay TV options were great and Wi-fi was reliable. The bathroom was pleasant and had a heated floor that gave a 5-star feel. I particularly enjoyed the sitting area outside the apartment with table and a couple of chairs that was wonderful to sit and read a book whilst one hears the birds chirping in the trees overlooking the apartment. Whilst a car is recommended to get around, we found the walks up and down the hill and great way to exercise too. I thank our hosts who were always available when we needed them and were also very helpful to answer our numerous queries before we checked-in. Overall, a highly recommended place. We would surely return should we vacation again in the area.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: A clean and tastefully furnished apartment with very good amenities
Liked least: We experienced repeated abrupt disconnection of our local hand phone service provider- AT&T - due to the location of the apartment in a hilly region but the great weather and views from apartment more than compensate for the same.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jul 27, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review, we really appreciate it. I hope our paths cross again in the future!

Marianne
J_in_WA
Washington
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed May 24, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed here for 4 nights whilst visiting my grandson. The apartment is spacious enough for 2. Maybe 3. 1 or 2 is perfect tho. Enough room to cook and entertain and relax. Gas oven, microwave, big stainless steel fridge and a dishwasher! Washer and dryer available for guest use only. I had a lovely 4 night stay in Marrianes apartment, wished it was longer. The place was very clean and furnished lovely. Everything you will need. Nice comfy, clean bed. Lovely bathroom ...with heated floors! It's up in the Oakland hills near Piedmont, rock ridge area etc. very nice area and by the way, easy to park. It's a very quiet looking over tree tops. But one can easily reach nice shopping areas and freeways. with a short few minutes car drive away. I'll for sure be back! So Glad I found it!

Only problem i had, and mainly my fault, is that I brought and older hard sided suitcase. It was already heavy with nothing in it. I could barely lift it when packed. That was a mistake. The stairs to the apartment are quite steep. But suitcase and I were fine. Next time I'll have my husband with me or a smaller, lighter suitcase. It was nice to find fresh fruit , orange juice, milk, coffee and some pastries when I arrived . Thank you maririanne for that nice touch.

I enjoyed your flat and will for sure be back ...if I can get in.... ;)

Traveling group: Solo
May 26, 2015
Jackie, Thank you for your very nice review! I look forward to your next visit.
Marianne
Thomas D
Middlebury, Vermont
“A Terrific Oakland Find!”
Reviewed April 9, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

We were looking for a small vacation rental convenient to the freeways and close to where our daughter lives. We found it all in this one-bedroom very well-kept condo/apartment which was perched on a hill next to a lovely canyon park. Coffee, milk, juice and a variety of fruits, cookies and a sweet bread helped us make it through snack attacks and jet-lagged breakfasts. The views from the living room and bedroom were beautiful! The owner answered our questions right away and sent all the information we needed. The residential neighborhood is very quiet and the parking convenient. We highly recommend this great find! Just a warning: this is not recommended for those with mobility issues. There are 27 steps down to the condo. We are in our late 70's and managed quite well.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
efhutton0...
Rochester, New York
“Bridges”
Reviewed March 14, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Nice apartment in large house with a far away view of oakland and in the distance the golden gate bridge. we were visiting my daughter and taking in the touring wine country. The apartment had all we needed. I made some homemade soups on the kitchen. It had all the tool needed.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Bella1940
Manta, Ecuador
“This apartment is a treasure!”
Reviewed January 7, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

I spent 10 days in this heavenly retreat and did not want to leave. The living room is done in dramatic yet restful colors and is comfortable. The attention to detail is impeccable from the artwork to the hardware on the cabinets. The views from the living room over the trees out to the bridges are gorgeous during the day and dramatic at night...mesmerizing
The countertops colors are warm and shining. The appliances are top notch as are Dansk dishes, silverware, glasses,etc.
The hardwood floors learning down to the bath and bedroom are honey toned and rich.
The bathroom is like a 5 star spa with heated floor, shampoo, conditioner and delicious smelling body shampoo. Towels are luxurious.
The bedroom is done in elegant colors with a most comfortable bed. The views once. Again are to die for.
The owners are unobtrusive yet willing to help with the smallest thing..they also are warm, caring people.
I live out of country.. I plan to make this delightful apparment my home away from home. My biggest fear is it will become so popular I will not be able to get in when I get back.
Final words.....Book and enjoy!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The tranquility
Liked least: The stairs.....I am 75
Traveling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Apr 5, 2015
I believe our guest meant to give us 5 stars for the overall review since she gave us five stars on all the other aspects. Thank you for your great!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing