“Save $$. Feel clean. Sleep hard. Be happy.”

Bay Breeze Inn Oakland
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Save $$. Feel clean. Sleep hard. Be happy.”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were looking for a place to stay last minute on a random road trip to San Francisco and Bay Breeze was about half the price of any other place we were looking. We thought we'd be sacrificing a few things for that price but as it turned out, Bay Breeze Inn was extremely clean with kind, helpful service. Not to mention free wi-fi and only a short drive south of the city. We were very happy with our choice, would stay here again, and wish the owners the best.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Retessatate
Bay Breeze I, Public Relations Manager at Bay Breeze Inn Oakland, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate your comments. Do visit us again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Merced, California
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have stayed at the Bay Breeze twice in the last six months. Both times we were extremely pleased with the reasonable rates, clean rooms, modern finishes, and fresh linens. Five minutes from the coliseumm and a far better experience than we have had at other chain hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia E
We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for choosing Bay Breeze Inn
Oakland, California
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I love it here its in my budget and it is very nice. Great customer service and pleasant to do business with, dispite what you might think of the area this is a hidden gem that you should diffinetly not overlook you will miss out if you do.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Raineking
We would like to thank you for your kind feedback. We value your business. Do visit us again
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great place for any individual who want to save money. Staff is friendly for the most part, in an okay environment. The rooms are cleaned ok, just bring your own cleaning solution if needed. The only down side is they do not serve coffee or have muffins. You can not beat the price though.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back of the hotel are quieter and clean. Up front tends to be noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We sincerely appreciate your comments. Thanks for choosing Bay Breeze Inn in Oakland.
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The rooms are clean and comfortable, The area is quiet and secure. Very adequate. I work and stay in Oakland two to four days a week and always spend my nights at the Bay Breeze Inn. You get a refrigerator, microwave, cable TV, and free Wi-Fi. The room rate-being that it is in the Oakland area-is very reasonable and affordable. Bravo Bay Breeze Inn!

You can get super fancy somewhere else...but you will pay a premium too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Allan M
We try to provide the customers the maximum amenities such as fridge, microwave, etc at a low cost. Thanks for choosing Bay Breeze Inn.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I would like to thank the previous reviews they were helpful in choosing this hotel. The customer service was great. The recommendation of having room away from freeway was helpful. The price for booking at the last minute was great. Ladies at front desk reception were graceful and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again even if I am visiting SF and not just Oakland.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Lu N
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 23, 2014

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
My boyfriend and I and some of his army buddies were coming in to San Fransisco to visit one of their buddies in the hospital. My boyfriend booked our reservations online through Expedia. We looked through the pictures to see if they were decent and they looked awesome. We accidentally booked the wrong night and called them to see if we could change it. The first time we called a guy with a thick accent answered and couldn't even give us an answer and told us to call back in an hour to talk with the manager. We called back a little over an hour later and the phone had been disconnected. We tried calling a few times and it was still saying the phone had been disconnected. Finally, we were able to get through a couple hours after that and the woman on the phone was EXTREMELY rude! When the phone line had been disconnected earlier we talked with Expedia and they said they'd change our reservations for us. I called to check and make sure if the change had happened at the hotel's system and the woman wouldn't even bother to look in their system. All she kept on saying was that I had to talk with Expedia no matter how many times I told her I already did, but that I was just double checking and then she just hung up on me.

We arrived at the inn around 2-3 in the morning completely exhausted from our 11-12 hour drive that we'd made. We turn off the exit and start heading to the inn and it's in the ghetto! There's graffiti everywhere, homeless people peeing on the sides of the walls of gas stations. The real cherry on top of this magnificent sundae was that when we pulled up to the in there's a gate all around the place. Great for security, right? Nope. I noticed once we drove in that there were bars on some of the windows in there. Why would they need bars on some of the windows if they already thought they were safe with the big gate surrounding the place?!

I go in to check in and the lady looks up my information and tells me that we can't check in until 3pm. NO customer service WHATSOEVER! Finally we were all fed up with the mess of it and we went somewhere else. I work in customer service and I just couldn't believe the way they were treating their customers. At first I thought it was because of a language barrier, but even in person they were cold, completely rude, and didn't even give a crap about us. I would HIGHLY suggest going to some other place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
8 Thank Debbie H

Travelers are raving about these Oakland hotels