“Best Bargain Motel in Bay Area”

Bay Breeze Inn Oakland
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Drove over from SF after a Giants Game at AT&T. Friendly greeting at check-in, very secure parking area, absolutely spotless room, and very comfortable bed. Freeway noise wasn't a problem for the wife and I. It's hard to escape that whoosing sound where ever you go in urban California. Much easier to deal with than low flying aircraft, or train noise that comes and goes at random. Next time we're back in the SF Bay Area, we'll know where to look for inexpensive lodging.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank larryheer
Bay Breeze I, Public Relations Manager at Bay Breeze Inn Oakland, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

We are delighted to get your honest and kind feedback. Please give us an opportunity to accommodate you on your next trip to Oakland.

There are newer reviews for Bay Breeze Inn Oakland

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel twice on our coastal trip in California. It was very clean and modern with a great staff and very well appointed rooms. Beds are very comfortable, bathrooms gorgeous, hotel well kept. We plan to go back again and again.

Room Tip: Get rooms away from freeway as it may be noisy. Garden facing rooms are very quite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here on a last minute booking due to good reviews and boy was I wrong, first the location is in a high crime area dangerous, next I moved the covers only to find pubic hairs all over the bed. the sheets and towels are stained, this place is obviously used for hourly services. the last straw was when I found a used condom. I was in this place for no more than 10min. luckily I had just booked it online and they gave me a full refund. do not recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank RJESUS96
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I think most of the reviews have covered the quality of the place; basically clean, relatively quiet(sitting next to the freeway) and cheap, my only complaint is the lack of DSL. Yes, it has WI-FI, but after some problems online I discovered it had less than a 1MB download connection and less than .2 upload. When I travel I like to be able to download maps and upload pictures, I don't need much speed, but what was offered wasn't nearly enough.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Bay Breeze I, General Manager at Bay Breeze Inn Oakland, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for staying at Bay Breeze Inn and giving us the opportunity to serve you. We are glad you liked the cleanliness of the rooms. Regarding DSL, we do have 16MB / sec download speed throughout the hotel. That fateful night you stayed, we had some trouble with our Router which has been rectified. We hope upon your next visit, you will get blazing wifi speed.

Again thank you for being a valuable guest.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was loking for a place in my budget range, that was well kept and provided me with a nic room. This place was half the price of most and , I was happy with it. Gated entrance was a plusI would have liked a coffee pot and a do not disturb sign. All in all well worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Wayhellagood
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay here for a few days last week while visiting San Francisco.
Just about 15 miles outside of downtown San Francisco the Bay Breeze Inn was the perfect choice. At check in the friendly front desk greets everyone with a smile and a prompt easy check in. The room was clean and spacious with all the basic amenities you need (also has microwave and fridge which was a bonus). Housekeeping staff was friendly and I always came back to a fresh clean room. Great wi-fi speed and I had no problems surfing the web. Hotel has plenty of convenient parking too. All in all a wonderful stay--and I highly recommend checking it out. I'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Dan W
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed here for more than a week now and I have found it to be a very good stay.. First of all, the rooms smell CLEAN and appear newly remodeled. The location is industrial but very quite at night. Eateries, gas stations as well as highways are within blocks of the location. I travel all of the country as a contractor and I can safely say that for the budget I am on, this motel meets and exceed my hopes and expectation for a peaceful, clean and quite stay while I am in the San Francisco Bay Area for work. Also, what is very important, is the staff and management team are extremely friendly and accommodating to their guests which is nice after a hard-days-work.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank robrien49
Bay Breeze I, Owner at Bay Breeze Inn Oakland, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you Mr. OBrien for your valuable feedback. We are glad that we met your expectations. And thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you while your stay in Oakland.