“Great Location / Outstanding Service”

Bay Breeze Inn Oakland
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I wish we had booked more nights to stay at the Bay Breeze Inn because we thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay. The staff was more than helpful and extremely welcoming. We were in the bay area visiting San Francisco last weekend and SFO was sold out. So we called around hotels in 15 miles radius and the gentleman who answered the phone at this hotel was very helpful. He gave us a great deal and offered us to check the pictures on their website. He also gave us directions to come via BART, which is 1 mile from the hotel. Upon checkin we were greeted and welcomed. Although we booked queen bed, we got free upgrade to King size bed. The room was lovely and spotless. Hey guys, if you are visiting bay area and are in Oakland area, I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for garden side room. its much quiter
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Jim M

Reviewed August 13, 2012

As we were on our way from San Hose to Sacramento, we needed a cheap motel somewhere in the middle of the way. We booked this motel and of course we were a bit anxious regarding the quality of the motel, given the great price we had.

It was a pleasant surprise! The hotel is along a main road, and about one minute from the highway, but we didn't hear any of them.

It is located close to Airport, and Coliseum, and of course to some fast-foods. The room was quite big for a motel, with two large comfortable queen beds, there was AC, a micro-wave and free wifi connection. Everything is clean and has what is necessary so it's definitely ok.
The staff is very friendly and in the morning, you'll find free coffee in the lobby.
All in all, I definitely recommend you this motel. Great value!

Room Tip: Get the King Room, its all garden facing
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank roc s
Reviewed July 30, 2012

i was driving a classic car from washington state to los angeles, and booked a room here. after finally locating the entrance to this place i was immediately very concerned. what the pictures don't show is the razor wire on the fencing and the bullet-proof glass at the front desk. I was concerned for my safety, as well as the safety of my vehicle. I immediately found another hotel to stay in. i contacted booking.com immediately to cancel the room, but the owner/manager refused to refund my money. And he has continued to refund my money, despite the fact that i did not utilize his facility.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank ken m
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This motel does NOT look like it appears on photos. It is in a really decrepit area of town and I am seriously concerned about my safety. I found this motel off of Hotwire and really couldn't believe it when I arrived.... beware!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank etwurt
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel, July 9th-11th with my daugthers. The room was clean, a little small for two double beds, no room for bags but otherwise okay. The problem I had was with the lady manager after checking out. I realized that I had left some paperwork in the room by mistake after checking out so I contacted the hotel within 20 minutes after departing and talked to the female manager about the problem. I had to tell her numerous times that I had left some paperwork in our room (I even gave her the room number) and I described them to her and where I had left them. I informed her that we would be back to pick them up no later than 2pm as we were on The Bart headed towards San Francisco and she said she would have them in the office on our return. When we arrived back at 1:30pm we went to the office and the man in charge did not know anything about the papers. I had to go through the garbage twice looking for the paperwork, which I found, because the manager did not follow thru with her promise. Needless to say the paperwork was on the dirty side.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Karolyn70
Raj P, Manager at Bay Breeze Inn Oakland, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

We apologize for the inconvenience you had. We will discuss with the front desk staff and make sure this is addressed asap.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I needed a place last minute (1 am) and I was having a nightmare of a night - taking taxi's all over Oakland, helping a friend in a bad situation escape for the night - but Bay Breeze Inn saved my life! First, I went to a neighboring hotel called Rodeway Inn (stayed there once before) and they said they only had "suites" for $150 a night PLUS $150 deposit in CASH?? What? So, I went down to Bay Breeze Inn. I showed up at nearly 1am and the woman at the front desk was nice, very fast, no problems and she even let me use the bathroom before I'd paid for my room!! For the price, this place was incredible! The entire room was absolutely clean - sheets and everything. No one should complain about this place. It is NOT a nasty, run down hotel. It is cheap and you get what you pay for but with Bay Breeze Inn you actually get cleanliness and peace and quiet for an incredible price! Thanks and if I every need a place to stay in that part of the city - it's Bay Breeze Inn! Charlie from N.Y.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank C T

Thank you for your response. We value your feedback

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have to work away from home and need a cheap place to stay Mon. thru Fri. Every week . After searching I picked this place and was surprised that they offered such a low rate for a decent room. It's secured at night by an automatic gate. Not the kind of place you would want to stay for your family vacation but for the budget minded person that just needs a place to sleep , give it a try.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Hoodyj

thanks for you valuable feedback