“Great Experience!!!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Fort Lauderdale
“Great Experience!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

We got there which was immediately upon opening and we figured as the first customers we were a shoo-in but we were sadly mistaken and were told that they were fully booked for the night but could see what they could do. It must have been our lucky night, because they were able to squeeze us in at the bar. Very lucky in fact, because they people who came in behind us (also without a reservation) got turned away at the door. Sitting at the bar also made the experience greater since you sit right in front of the action of the chef preparing the food.

We started off with the Yellowtail Ceviche (was like a ceviche but not called one on the menu). It was fresh, light and the perfect palette cleanser.

Then we moved onto the Warm Oxtail and Potatoes. The oxtail was tender and tasty (although I have a liking for it to be more stew like). The potatoes were crispy; just the right complement.

My favorite for the night were the Glaze Pork Ribs. Delicious, delicious and more delicious! It reminded me of chicharron.

Then last but not least we had the Fried Chicken Ramen. It was good and had all the right components but was in dire need of some spice (some flavor). I also would have liked for the chicken pieces to be smaller so that it was more manageable to eat in one bite.

For dessert, we had the Coconut Mochi filled with Plum Jam. It was simply but I liked that it was chilled and the jam was freshly made.

The atmosphere is very hipster, but the staff is very friendly, accommodating and nice so if I ever come back to this part of California, I would definitely make a stop here.

• Visited June 2014