“Great games, average facility”

Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
Ranked #22 of 127 things to do in Oakland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed April 29, 2013

As my 3-star rating says, this stadium is average. I've been to many stadiums for many different sports and this one is as vanilla as they come. Parking is adequate, concession and bathroom facilities are adequate, seating is adequate. It is also readily accessible by foot from the BART train, which is a big plus. The stadium doesn't add to or detract from the sporting event, which is why I'm really there. So as long as my seat is comfortable and I can see what's going on on the field, I'm happy. I've been to lots of great games and had lots of fun there, but since I'm rating the stadium and not the teams that play there, I'll give it an average rating.

2  Thank ML M
in 113 reviews
"athletics"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband is a huge Oakland Raiders fan, so we made sure to call for a tour of the Coliseum! While it was baseball season, our tour guide, Randy, took us all over the facility, even to areas that the public would not get to see! My husband and daughter even got to throw a baseball around on the baseball field. It was a highlight of our day! Best of all, we were the only ones in our group, so we felt we could ask anything, and it was answered. Tour ended with the three of us receiving swag bags from The Oakland A's.

2  Thank ThePoshTravelinggirl
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I'm giving this 3 stars for a few reasons. 1 I love baseball and I got to see the Mariners play. 2. It was a different ball park. 3. It is nice to park at the stadium for 20.00. Other than that it is not in the best area....I mean Oakland is pretty nasty. The food was ok. The beer is priced pretty normal, but they have to share credit card machine so it took forever for the to run our card and get us back to the game. I believe this stadium needs a lot of upgrades. Glad I don't need to visit this stadium again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The worst place I've ever seen a sporting event. Empty, sparse, poorly signed. Move the team to San Jose already.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a great place to see the Oakland A's play. We just went to the Giants - Oakland A's 2013 pre season saturday game (March 2013). What fun - good seats; lots of fun. Enjoyed the games; got a good parking spot - easy to get into the staidum.

but this coliseum is aging out. San Jose has been trying to attract the Oakland As with a new stadium. However the San Francisco Giants will NOT let them move out of Oakland. They claim territorial rights to any property they seem the As want to relocate to.

So for a fun game this is a good place to go.
for a stadium though, its aging out - will continue to go, but wear your Saturday casual.