“Outdated Coliseum”
Review of McAfee Coliseum

McAfee Coliseum
Ranked #34 of 128 things to do in Oakland
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had the opportunity to watch the Detroit Tigers and Oakland A's play off game. Such a thrill to watch a play off game! The stadium is so old and outdated. The Oakland fans were extremely rude and offensive! My son in law and I went out of our way to be courteous and friendly. From the time we walked to the Coliseum, which was close to a mile because the parking was not set up for such a crowd, we listened to chants of "go back to Motown and others too explicit to mention. It's a shame the sportsmanship was not to be found. The stadium had plenty of food and drink to offer. The condition of the stadium was run down, dingy and smelled of urine. We actually felt threatened walking to and from the Coliseum.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had great seats at the stadium, but this stadium is sadly out of date given all the great new stadiums in baseball. We were in the second row because the price of the tickets were very reasonable. I suspect this is because the stadium is not that great. The fans around us were very nice, even though we were cheering for the visiting team. The game was very exciting and the home town fans were really into the game. We traveled to and from the game using the BART and that was surprisingly efficient. Hopefully a new baseball stadium deal for the A's can get worked out soon.

1  Thank Shoots V
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Interesting older stadium/ball field. Ist time to be in a ball park that is also a football stadium. A's fans did not take Ms. Manners course on how to treat guest. They should never feel they are in danger!

1  Thank Loni_girl
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I went to the Home Opener of my all time favorite team RAIDERS and loved the atmosphere of the Coliseum. I had a great time. The only thing that I did not like was that they quit serving alcoholic drinks by half time. That to me wasnt cool but besides that I had a great time with all my RAIDER NATION family and met new friends during the tailgate. It was a blast!! I will definitly be back to Oakland for any and all games!!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Been to many Raiders games here. Would like to see better food and beer on the 'upper levels/cheap (ha!) seats.' Choices are Bud & Bud light, pretty much, on level 3, home side, plus hot dogs or nachos. had to go to level 2 for better stuff, and then drag it all back up-not good! have enjoyed monitors showing game in toilets and stands at Lambeau-so when you leave your seat for whatever, you don't miss a beat...now that Al is gone, maybe a little more money could be spent to improve viewing for fans?