“great service”

Reviewed March 28, 2008

great service

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed February 22, 2008

First, my girlfriend and I are excited to try this place. We'd been eyeing it from accross the street one night while eatin at Levende (a way better restaurant by far). So first, it's a Sat. night and without a reservation we expected to wait the alloted time. Said to be 20 mins. Ended up being an hour. We even watched the hosts (there were more than one for some reason), seat a party that came in after us. We asked them about it and they did little to apologize for the mistake that costed us a good 1/2 hour more of waiting. Next, after finally getting a table, the server was very decent to acknowledge we were so far not happy, and did his upmost to serve us well. He couldn't account for the food though that was beyond over priced for the portion size and taste factor. I'll just put it this way, I longed for my own kitchen and a Rachel Ray recipe at that point. Our server gave us excellent wine choices to wash down the too soft sauceless pizza that was more like Indian Naan and a steak which was served cold. Once wrmed up though it didn't matter, that was bland too. Did I order wrong? Hmm, well the gentlemen sitting next to us ordered my other choice, a salmon dish, and assured me I wasn't missing anything. Don't get me started on dessert. I went on a limb offering one more chance to leave satisfied, but instead wanted to send back the chocate ganach cake thingy that was dried out Betty Crocker with diluted berry Jam. To make matters worse, when the charge for the evening showed up on the credit card statement later, it was twenty dollars higher. They had forgotten to add the beverage charge acrued while waiting for a seat, then snuck it in later costing us a phone call for explaination (even though it was rightfully theirs). B wise. Don't B eatin there!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 4, 2008

Divine... and, pricey. But still, divine.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 3, 2007

There are alot of good restaurants in Oakland, this just is not one of them. They have a very limited menu. The portion size is what you might expect at lunch, but not at dinner. I started my meal with a nice fall salad, that was anything but nice . I felt limited of what to order at dinner, so I choose a Pizza. The salad and the pizza both tasted as though someone got carried away with a bit to much salt. The drinks were also alot to be desired. We didn't even look at the dessert menu, and decided to cut our losses and go somewhere else for dessert. My husband and myself are both people who can find good in any meal, just not at this place.

Reviewed June 24, 2007

I love B Restaurant. If I could afford to I'd eat here everyday. And if I worked close to the Boxed Foods Deli in San Francisco (owned by the same folks that run B) I'd eat *there* everyday (well, okay, maybe once a week). The food at B is fresh, innovative and delicious, a blending of Asian, French and American cuisines, but not in the trying-to-figure-out-how-to-throw-together-crazy-ingredients way that is the downfall of so many 'California cuisine' restaurants. The dishes here are fairly simple, almost rustic, but have a nice clean edge to them. The service is also friendly and very helpful. It's not easy to correct a customer on their wine pairing selection but our waiter at B pulled it off fabulously!