“Great Pizza, a friendly staff, and a good location” 4 of 5 stars

B Restaurant & Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Alameda, California
“Great Pizza, a friendly staff, and a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

A first time visit, and it will not be my last. For dinner, my wife and I split (1) a cheese plate, (2) a bowl of soup and (3) a pizza....and there was food left over. The homemade lentil soup was made to be thick, which was very enjoyable. It had a hint of pepper and the creme fresh added a lemony finish. The mushroom pizza - amazing - was thin crust, very light and had five types of mushrooms. A blonde pizza with just the right amount of cheese.

The service was very good....we will return. The location is in Old downtown Oakland - a nice location.

• Visited December 2011

Keller TX
“Funky Food, Dynamite Drinks and Great Fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Didn't know the restaurant and 'wandered' in when we learned that the restaurant of our choice was no longer in business. What a great find!! Open, welcome atmosphere, friendly staff and really unusual fare, both food and drink. We decided to 'nosh' on appetizers and were astounded at the great variety and really tasty combinations of toppings on flatbread pizzas, fresh oysters, Caesar salad with freshly made croutons that were so good we asked for a plateful of them !! The 'house specialty' drinks were nothing short of amazing - using ingredients like sage chili, Irish moonshine, elderflower buds, egg white and exotic liquers and spirits! We all ordered different drinks so we could taste the variety of these "house specialities" and were treated to a wonderful sampling of exotic to strange' to our collective tastebuds. Prices were in the mid-to-high range, but well worth it! Put this one on your "try-it-you-will-like-it" list.

• Visited November 2011
San Francisco, California
“The Quintessential Neighborhood Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

A must do restaurant in Oakland, this is a place where the food and cocktails are as delicious as the atmosphere. The panzanella and poached petrale sole I had tonight were two of the best dishes I have had in ages. My cocktails paired well with the menu which was a nice change of pace from wine and I felt like I was part of the family here. This place is not to be missed if you are anywhere near the historic downtown district.

• Visited September 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant experience of my entire trip to Oakland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Just happened to find this place as it was in the same block as my hotel, and what a find! Not only was the food outstanding (mussles in a rich broth with gouda cheese and a lamb stew to die for!), but they also had items my vegan daughter could eat (french fries with truffle oil!). Sitting at the bar was fun and the gentleman behind the bar was very attentive and fun to watch as he mixed the drinks. A MUST TO TRY (non-alcohol but awesome) is the freshly made ginger-ale!!! And on Saturday night they had a 3-piece blues "band" that was just plain GREAT! I was in Oakland for a week and ate here three nights out of the 7 - now THAT is a good review!!!

• Visited January 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love this place! Elegant and classy and the food is really good, the wine choice is great and they make a great...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

Love this place! Elegant and classy and the food is really good, the wine choice is great and they make a great Caipirinha (okay, so maybe these are no longer "cool", I don't care). Also, the wait staff and management are super friendly and not snobby. They always make us feel welcome when we go.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook