“above average breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good breakfast - pancakes were above average, bacon was well done and coffee was good. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would go back!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It's not some 5-star, but it was so great. I went there for breakfast nearly every day and several times to dinner. They really do it up right. Great variety, portions and price. Fresh-baked bread with your dinner. The staff cared. Oh my. It was great.

1  Thank keith e
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I'm from Pgh but find myself in Oakland every other week. The Buttercup has outstanding selection, genrous portions and good prices for CA. I tend more often than not to get my dinner there stop in and ask for Brenda, a wonderful server.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I just have a very good breakfast. It's been a few months since I've been here but it is still just what I was hoping for. The food is still very good and my server (Barbara) was excellent. The menu is extensive and they are very flexible when it comes to substitutions. They have great pies too.

As I recall, I've been here somewhere between 15 to 20 times over the span of 10 years and the results have been the same. If you are near Broadway in Oakland, give it a shot.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had read reviews of the Buttercup grill/kitchen and was really looking forward to going. I was disappointed to find that it was similar to an IHop or even Denny's. One visit was enough.