“Where do ya park during day?”
Review of Chinatown

Chinatown
Ranked #15 of 126 things to do in Oakland
Tehachapi, California
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Where do ya park during day?”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Still fairly good chinese restaurants around, but you have to park, and look hard. Then hope your car wasn't broken into. I am older now, but this was once piece of history. Not now.

Visited May 2013

Mexico City, Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I love it, I love it, I love it!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I'm mexican-chinese (yep... we exist) and I love this big Chinatown not just because the regular unexpensive shops along Grant, but because all the FRESH vegetables nearby the turistic venues. You can almost eat in every restaurante here and it will be authentic. I specially love Broadway Dim Sum and Yuet Lee. Everytime I go, I spend Half day shopping and end my day in the Buda Bar, Where one can relax with a Tsing Tao hearing Teresa Teng's music from the mostly Taiwanese pop music.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Sara L
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“The real deal”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Took me right back to China, for the most part. Several shop keepers didn't speak English, so you have to point to the fruits and vegetables you want to buy. Fun, welcoming place to visit in Oakland.

Visited April 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good, but not great!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very small size China town in Oakland, CA. Maybe a little more than two long. Pay the toll fee to go to San Francisco China town.

Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Good and cheap Chinese and Vietnamese food”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Good and cheap Chinese and Vietnamese restaurant. Nice Asian stores selling Asian products as well. Walking distance from Bart!

Been to Chinatown? Share your experiences!