“Saw a great new artist at the Fox”
Review of Fox Theater

Fox Theater
Ranked #17 of 126 things to do in Oakland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Saw a great new artist at the Fox”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The show was great, staff was incredible. Very friendly and we really enjoyed the show, St. Vincent!

Visited March 2014

San Rafael, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“NYE, grand venue!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and friends haven't all stepped up to go big on NYE for several years. When we decided last minute to pop for reserved loge seats for Les Claypool's NYE show, I wasn't surprised by the high prices we paid for the hot tickets, but I was really pleasantly surprised at how well restored and maintained this gorgeous, great sounding room and speaker system is. I had heard about dozens of shows that have played here; The Black Crowes, and dozens of others, but I'm not a huge consumer of expensive concert tickets, standing around all night, contending with drunks who always manage to create an aisle right where my wife and I are standing.

So I don't really, fortuntately, know what the floor space was like, but we had a great comfortable time in the loge, as suits our station in life and older temperament. Yes, we've had more than our share of hanging on the floor, and I think we've earned the right to kick it in comfort and style.

Anyway, I highly recommend this venue for shows, whether you spring for the reserved orchestra, loge or balcony seats, of if you're in the adventurous vein of the dance floor and bar below.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank David S
Alameda, California
“Best Bay Area Venue Hands Down!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I love this place. Great shows, great venue, good accessibility. I have had some of the most memorable musical experiences of my life at the Fox Theater. It is spacious, an best of all, has an easy to reach smoking patio. They are "friendly" too if you catch my drift.

Visited May 2013
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
239 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 391 helpful votes
“Great Venue!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

LOVED seeing Iron & Wine here the other night! Love that you can bring drinks into the theater. It's well-designed, in terms of acoustics, temperature management, and sightlines. Plus those Golden Buddhas are way cool!

Parking could definitely be better but there's plenty of free spaces within walking distance.

Visited November 2013