Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Oakland Airport
$162
$149
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

$134
ClarionHotels
  • Restaurant
$159
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

$252
$119
Waterfront Hotel
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

$189
$146
$133
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$124
$226
$159
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$233
$210
Homewood
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$108
$99
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

All reviewsshuttle vanan older hotelon site restaurantthe check in processpark flyroom was largewould stay here againnice place to stayking bed
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Let me start off with the pros. It's literally right outside the gates to OAK Airport. You can't beat that, for you late birds that have trouble getting to the airport on time. Also, it's right down the street from the rental car return facility (literally 2 lights away). Oh, and they allowed me to check in early because I had a funeral to attend across the bay. That was super cool of them.

Now for the cons. The couch bed was super uncomfortable. I woke up the next morning after only 5 hrs sleep with a super backache. The couch and chairs in the rooms had stains galore... like the type you see when a couch hasn't been steam cleaned in like 2-3 years of daily use. I understand that its a 2 star joint, but that doesn't mean you have to go lacking on the maintenance.

I had the 1 bedroom suite with seperate living area, which basically was 2 rooms side by side. Each had its own entrance and bathroom, which some people might like. Also, the iron was broken. When I went to the front desk to get a replacement I was told that another plus some beddding for the couch would be brought to my room. After about 45 minutes, I just put my wrinkled clothes on and went to the funeral I was up there for. They never showed.

Room Tip: Book at the Hilton across the street and pay the extra money.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I chose to stay here for one night upon my arrival in Oakland, since I would be arriving late on a Thursday night, and the hotel I wanted to stay at in Berkeley charged much more for weeknights than for weekends. Since I would only be there for less than 12 hours total, the low price was my main consideration.

Basically, this is a sixties-era motel, with outside corridors and a noisy metal outside staircase, under which my room was apparently situated. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, but I could hear people coming and going all night.

They offered "high speed internet", which I tried to use the next morning, but it got extremely slow around 8 am, and I was finally bumped off and could not get back in.

On the plus side, the room was very clean and comfortable. There was a strange shower head which looked like some kind of Star Trek monster, or possibly a tapeworm. It had a long, annular neck that you could aim in any direction, which looked weird, but turned out to be quite useful.

Since I didn't have a car and was depending on public transportation for this trip, their free airport shuttle looked like it would be convenient, however I had to wait about 25 minutes after calling them from the airport before they picked me up. Apparently they only have one van, and with a hotel that size, it was pretty busy. The next morning I had to get to the BART station, and they said they could take me there, but there was a 5 dollar charge, and I would have to wait about 1/2 hour because it was busy. Fortunately, one of the staff told me how to catch the bus to the BART station at the stop right in front of the hotel. I only had to wait 10 minutes for that, and it only cost me $2.10!

So basically, if you just need something cheap but clean, and don't have high expectations, this place will do. Otherwise, there are plenty of much nicer hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Get upstairs if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The staff is polite and efficient, and the room was clean and stocked. No crazy-loud guests, breakfast is exactly what you would expect; fresh local bagels, croisants, bread, and boxed cereal, and packaged pasteries. Fresh orange juice and freshly brewed coffee. Don't be ridiculous and expect an Embassy Suites stay at an Econo Lodge. This place is perfect for an inexpensive, one or two night stay, and it is safe and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Exterior of hotel is a little deceiving. Looks kind of funky. But the rooms are recently remodelled and upgraded. Very fresh & up to date. My room was exceptionally clean. :) My room was on the first floor and it had a little patio, which was wonderful.
Staying in the Bay Area has gotten so expensive. It's difficult to find decent lodgings under $100. a night in Oakland. This is a good place if you are looking for a value. If you are looking for a Doubletree or Westin type of place, this may not be for you.
Location is convenient. There is secure parking in a gate lot. Free WiFi. The continental breakfast is okay - prepackaged pastries, muffins, cold cereal...the usual suspects.. There is a fun old style italian restaurant in walking distance - Francescos. Been there forever. Food is fairly decent, moderately priced. Some real characters hang out in the bar. The hotel also has an outdoor swimming pool that looks nice and well maintained but unfortunately it was not heated when I was there (mid April). The staff was very nice and accomodating. Very friendly.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to travelers looking for a good value.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have a little patio. Second floor rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was my second stay at EconoLodge, and I will stay here again in the future. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and comfy, the heaters are great, and I love the balcony patios for the 2nd floor rooms. In exchange for a 1-night stay, they offer 14 days of free secure parking and a shuttle to and from the airport, which is a fabulous deal. All in all, an excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have balcony patios. We've stayed here twice and have never been bothered by street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple