“suprised???” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
San Leandro, California
“suprised???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Its a suprise to see all the negative reviews for this place. I guess it was a good thing I booked the room before reading all these reviews. I know this is not a five star hotel so I do not expect a five star experience, but the staff was extremely helpful, they provided me a shuttle to bart station which I used to get to San Francisco, they provided me free maps, suggestions on restaurants and activities, direction, and a early checkin. That right there was not expected. From the street view you would never expect such a nice place. Yes the building looks a little older maybe built in the 80s or 90s, but the landscaping was beatiful, rooms were big and clean, and what I never seen at a two star hotel before was a pond with big trees, bamboo, a waterfall, and turtles, no fish though. But o well, I was please with my stay and experience, great value.

Room Tip: Never had Indian food before, but it was pretty good
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Nuenen, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

We booked this place for one night before we catch the plane back home. The man at the reception was very unfriendly, bored and unhelpful. The room was ok, but not cleaned properly (no smoking room, but on the balcony there was an ashtray full of sigarets from the previous guests.) if you leave the window open you can smell the fuel of the airplanes. I would not recomend this place. The adjustable air matresses are really terrible. And there is a construction site next door, the workers start working at 7 am , so it is very noisy in the morning.

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel is terrible. The room smelled like urine. The staff was not friendly at all. The 2 nights we stayed there they had a party with very loud music. Parking is ridiculous. There is trash all over the hotel. The "sleep number" beds were the most uncomfortable ever! Not enough towels in the room. The room did not have an alarm clock or coffee pot. Would not recommend this hotel. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012
castlederg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday the 2nd of June for two nights,the hotel was clean with a wonderful layout around a very nice outdoor pool,the staff were friendly on arrival,when in my room I could not find a Bible so I went to reception and asked for one,this was the turning point of our stay,the loud noise centered outside our room did not stop until my wife phoned reception in the early hours of the morning and said she would call police if the noise did stop,next morning we noticed rocks had been thrown into the pool so we could not use it,when we returned on Sunday evening we had to park outside reception as all the parking around our room was taken,if you are a Christian do not use this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Arlington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

We only needed a room for a few hours in between flights so we thought a cheaper hotel would work. NOT so in this case. Mold in the windows and no HOT water! Oh and the website said we would be sleeping on a sleep number bed - NOT!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I rented this room for my parents who came in town to visit. I booked this hotel for a few reasons, one being its location, IT IS THE CLOSEST HOTEL TO THE AIRPORT, literally. I am familar with Oakland, so I knew that I did not want my parents staying over the over pass (on the other side of the freeway near the other cheap hotels). I wanted something near the Hilton and Holiday Inn, "the good side" and bingo this was it. Its facing the Hilton, next door to the Holiday Inn, and half the price. Secondly, they have a free airport and car rental shuttle. No hotel in Oakland provides a free shuttle to the local car rentals, you usually have to double shuttle, which takes at least 30-45 minutes extra. So I was suprised that this hotel was willing to pick up and drop them off at the Avis Car Rental Center. Third, my parents loved the fact of having a balcony. They were able to relax and get some fresh air (meaning I didnt have to be there with them 24 hours, they were not trapped between hallways and rooms, it was like stepping out of your backyard). Overall, this hotel was great, and we loved the whole experience, it is a nice find.

Room Tip: The restaurant onsite is pretty good, I was a bit nervious to try it out, but its a good change of y...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Alexis E
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I (seniors) stayed overnight at this motel on the way to Hawaii and for our purposes it worked perfectly. It's not a fancy place; very basic. As others have said, the continental breakfast isn't much but it can hold you over until you get to the airport. Bed was very comfortable, and we were able to leave our car there during our trip as they don't charge as other local hotels/motels do. Also, I checked prices in the area where you could stay and leave your car and Econolodge had the best rate. Transportation to and from the airport was very timely and handled well by the driver. This lodge is as close as you can get to the airport, right outside the main entrance to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple