“Cozy auditorium”
Review of Yoshi's

Yoshi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Yoshi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,265 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Redwood City, California
“Cozy auditorium”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a great place to see some popular entertainers. Parking is right next door to Yoshi's, so it's very convenient. You can make dinner reservations at their chic Japanese restaurant ahead of time. This may give you better seats to the venue. I enjoyed being able to see this singer and band and not having to lean around big heads.

Visited November 2012

San Luis Obispo, California
“Tower of power concert”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Wow! Great meal. Awesome sushi! We dined before the concert and would recommend that as you can then reserve your seat for the show. Our only negative was the noise level in the restaurant made conversation difficult and the waiter forgot one of our dishes. Good table and plan on returning!

• Visited February 2013
Fresno, California
“"Great Jazz Venue!"”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My daughter and I saw the 10:00 p.m. Poncho Sanchez Latin Jazz Band show at this venue on March 15. This was my third show at Yoshi's Oakand, having seen Earl Klugh and David Sanborn here last November. Yoshi's does bring the best of the best in contemporary jazz to Oakland and San Francisco and I'll keep coming up for Fresno for this reason, thus the "Excellent" rating. However, this was my first time having dinner at the restaurant before the show. I had made reservations for 8:00 p.m. and arrived there just before that time and was seated right away. We were even asked if we'd like a window table for the view and of course, we did. We ordered the brussels sprouts appetizer, which were good and the miso soup as a stater before the entree. The miso was very flavorful. For the entrees, I had the pork chop with fingerling potatoes and veggies and my daughter had the lobster tail with kale and it was suggested by the server that she might want to order a starch to help round out her meal as her portions might not be enough. She ordered a side of brown rice and shared it with me. The food tasted okay-- it wasn't bad nor was it something to rave about. I was surprised that both entrees were the same price. I've never known a pork chop to cost the same as a lobster tail and for the price, I expected my pork chop to be something spectacular and it wasn't. But the restaurant was an experience to try at least once. The service was great I might add.

• Visited March 2013
Pacifica, California
“Good Food, Nice Venue”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We ate here before the show. We had the spicy, crunchy Hamachi roll, excellent! The rainbow roll was good. I had the pomegranate martini and my husband had the pineapple rum specialty drink, both were great. My husbands lobster tail was OK - the portion was a bit small and it was a little chewy. The toffee cake was awesome. The waitress was attentive and friendly and everything was served promptly. Yoshi's determines where you sit to view the show on a first come first serve basis. Your waitress brings you your seating info as you are eating dinner. They also validate parking (10% off). Our seating was OK (not a bad seat in the house) and our dinner reservations were an hour before the show.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank hemiadvisor
Anchorage, Alaska
“Herding turtles (friends)”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I decided to celebrate my birthday with three friends and take in the show at Yoshi's in Oakland.
Well these three people were a task to get together of course they couldn't be on time for anything. Be that s it was I finally got them there a little late for our dinner reservation and we were promptly seated they endlessly talked about the menu but when the server came to take our order i was the only one who had any idea what I wanted so she left us to decide she was back after a while and we ordered. I had the Panko Fried Brussell Sprouts just tender and delicious the fresh crab salad lightly dressed and Tamago an egg dish served Nigiri style, more than enough food for the picky vegetarian. Also served to others were, Soft Shell Crab Tempura, Anjou pear and Beet salad, Lamb chops, Roasted Sea Bass with shell fish in a thick sauce. Everything was just delicious. Getting my friends into the concert hall was a border collies night mare all the turtles went in different directions and I was left with the tickets and just one turtle the entrance to the hall. Our waitress had reserved us a table and the music was excellent.

• Visited February 2013