“Good Food, Nice Venue”
Review of Yoshi's

Yoshi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Yoshi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,304 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We ate here before the show. We had the spicy, crunchy Hamachi roll, excellent! The rainbow roll was good. I had the pomegranate martini and my husband had the pineapple rum specialty drink, both were great. My husbands lobster tail was OK - the portion was a bit small and it was a little chewy. The toffee cake was awesome. The waitress was attentive and friendly and everything was served promptly. Yoshi's determines where you sit to view the show on a first come first serve basis. Your waitress brings you your seating info as you are eating dinner. They also validate parking (10% off). Our seating was OK (not a bad seat in the house) and our dinner reservations were an hour before the show.

1  Thank hemiadvisor

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I decided to celebrate my birthday with three friends and take in the show at Yoshi's in Oakland.
Well these three people were a task to get together of course they couldn't be on time for anything. Be that s it was I finally got them there a little late for our dinner reservation and we were promptly seated they endlessly talked about the menu but when the server came to take our order i was the only one who had any idea what I wanted so she left us to decide she was back after a while and we ordered. I had the Panko Fried Brussell Sprouts just tender and delicious the fresh crab salad lightly dressed and Tamago an egg dish served Nigiri style, more than enough food for the picky vegetarian. Also served to others were, Soft Shell Crab Tempura, Anjou pear and Beet salad, Lamb chops, Roasted Sea Bass with shell fish in a thick sauce. Everything was just delicious. Getting my friends into the concert hall was a border collies night mare all the turtles went in different directions and I was left with the tickets and just one turtle the entrance to the hall. Our waitress had reserved us a table and the music was excellent.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I saw Doctor John here recentley, it was a great venue, with great food, excellent location, can get close to there on BART, and take cab or walk several blocks. Oaklands not as bad as one thinks as far as safety and security. Id you get off the BART at 12th street, you can walk to 11th street where there's a Hotel, and there's a line of cabs there, also there a free shuttle from downtown Oakland to Jack London Square as well

Have fun!

1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Five stars is for the jazz venue. They have great acts here with great acoustics. The drinks are good there, pricey, but typical for a most bars. The acoustics are good. They have someone coming by to take orders for food and drinks in music venue, but a meal might be more enjoyable if you eat in the restaurant beforehand. The other advantage of that is that you'll generally be able to reserve a better seat that way. The food is good, but a little pricey for what it is... In other words, its priced like its great, but it's not THAT good. But, you're paying a premium since its in a jazz club.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very fine service and quite good food. The sake list was top notch. Fish very fresh. Bad neighborhood just a block away though, so be careful