“Love their roasted chickens and good salads” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
oakland
“Love their roasted chickens and good salads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

They have great chicken -- Tuscan, Jerk, Greek style. Good big salads. I get it to go or have it delivered. The salad dressings aren't terrific, I modify them to my taste, but they aren't bad. Chickens come with very tasty bread. Chickens are $14.95, salads come in two sizes, the large being very large and the small being enough for two people, cost around 8 & 10 each. The biggest problem is the chicken is so good I eat more than I should.

Visited December 2012

Bay Area, CA
“No disappointments on their Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My review is on their Pizza only.

This is not my first time visiting this place. Usually I wouldn't give my thoughts on a restaurant until I've gone there more than a single occasion.

I a fan favorite for Chicago style pizza. For those who enjoy the Bay Area's Zachary's and Patxi, you know what I am talking about. Better yet, a pie from Chicago would make my mouth water right now.

Thin crust pizzas are great if it isn't too greasy. But some do like it that way and that is ok. However when I came here, I became an immediate fan. Everything about the pizza here seems just right every time. I believe you can't go wrong. In fact, the prices aren't that expensive to have a very good quality pizza.

It's just simply not overwhelming with cheese and sauce. It seems healthy in a good way. Fresh and great quality ingredients that don't leave a long after taste in your mouth an hour or so later. I know they do use Molonari's brand salami.

I already have read what other reviewers wrote, and I don't want to repeat what they shared, but they are spot on - especially the good reviews.

Hint: Check them out and then go north a mile on College and get some great ice cream from Ici Ice Cream. Pasta Rustica and Ici Ice Cream will make your day.

• Visited July 2012
“Consistently wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We love this neighborhood pizza/pasta/salad place - food is always great - attentive service - we prefer dining there, but when we wish to eat at home, their take out is easy and food is ready when they say it will be! They are so accommodating - they have gluten-free, dairy free options that do not interfere with the great fresh taste of the food - and if you want to add a little something that is not on the menu, no problem! We love Rustica!

• Visited January 2012
Oakland, California
“Consistent quality and good, fast food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I like this place for convenience and a dependable, fast meal.

“Best Pizza,roasted chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Pizza Rustica has 2 places in Oakland. I have been to both.The one on College has a nice seating area, the La Salle Avenue has a few seats but is mostly take out and delivery ,which is what we did tonight.The pizza crust is so reminiscent of the pizza we had in Italy that I could weep.We have had every topping configuration imaginable, and have never been disappointed.
When we want to mix things up we order the chicken dinners with 2 sides.We always get a Caesar salad with the chicken dinner so its a full meal for 4 people,of which 2 have teenager appetites.They bake their own bread and give a generous piece with the dinners.Also,they use the very PC Marys Chickens which actually taste like chicken and are free range, no hormones or antibiotics.
Their pizzas are about 2$ more than chain joints but its worth it.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Been to Pizza Rustica? Share your experiences!