“I love the Breakfasts” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #503 of 1,220 Restaurants in Oakland
Oakland, California
“I love the Breakfasts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I noticed alot of negative reviews for IB's but i love them. They have to deal with a lot of rude people and they are always busy. They are always courteous and professional. One thing I do reccommend is to call your order in ahead of time to save on the wait.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Berkeley, CA
“digest at your own risk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

OMG! We went there today and sat outside. A guy in an IB's Shirt parked his car (this old shabby sports car that you see there every other day) right next to us. There were several huge bags of unchilled ground beef on the back seat/trunk, right below the window (didn't even have a cooler?!). It was pretty warm outside today and the meat was literally baking in the sun. The guy didn't even bother to unload the meat right away. Instead, the meat was left in the car for at least 15 minutes.

Don't believe me? One of us took this picture: http://i39.tinypic.com...

Decide for yourself whether you wanna eat there. I certainly won't.

Visited April 2012
Oakland, California
“Grease City”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I.B's is where you go for messy, greasy, cooked on an oily grill top type of food. The service is non existant. The place is usually pretty crowded. The fries are usually pretty good. If you don't care about your health and like the grease, this place may be for you.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice and greasy...get the cheese fries!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

Nice and greasy...get the cheese fries!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“um, who puts ketchup, mayo and mustard on a cheesesteak??? they do, and it is lame”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to I B's Hoagies Oakland? Share your experiences!