“Phenomenal Peruvian Food!”
Review of Tambo

Tambo
Reserve with OpenTable
Tambo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 1,277 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tambo offers a selection of types of ceviche, an assortment of Peruvian tapas, and a variety of organic South American beers and wines. Tambo is staffed by knowledgeable and trained professionals with a focus on customer service! Tambo has been recognized as a REAL Certified restaurant by the United States Healthful Food Council. This means that patrons can rely on the restaurant for nutritious, sustainable and tasty food!
Davis, California
“Phenomenal Peruvian Food!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Enjoyed this restaurant before a Sat. eve. show at the Fox. Recommend Ceviche Tasting dish as a starter -- delicious & mouth-watering. Better than authentic ceviche I've had in Mexico. The Cauas Limena, a chilled mashed potato cake with crab, avocado, and quail egg, was another highlight. Fantastic.
My main dish of Peruvian stir fry beef tenderloin, Lomo Saltado, was wonderful. My husband raved about the spices & flavors in his seafood dish, Arrroz Norteno. Service was attentive and friendly -- our waitress happily described the origins of dishes to us & made recommendations. Extensive menu choices of starters, large & small plates (beef, seafood, vegan), good wine list, excellent service, and close proximity to the Fox. Highly recommend! (Don't be deterred by plain exterior)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank hollisJ_dr

“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went for dinner with my three sisters and the food was great! And, I agree with the previous review, don't miss the alfajores! The staff was very nice and helpful. I didn't give them a five star rating only because they did not have everything on the menu available.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Pemwhitney
“Great new Peruvian restaurant with a contemporary style.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I told my young staff that I wanted to take them out to lunch. They chose Tambo and I'm really glad they did. It has a very contemporary style and great food. The standard chicken and rice was excellent and don't miss the Alfajores cookies.

• Visited August 2013