“What a delightful place!”
Review of Brotzeit

Brotzeit
Ranked #57 of 1,297 Restaurants in Oakland
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Loved the authentic German food, the German and Belgium beers on tap, and the fact that they could be enjoyed while sitting on the waterfront overlooking the boats passing by. What a great place to discover while staying at the Homewood Suites next door!

2  Thank mjbphx

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I liked Brotzeit Lokal. Located in an old oyster bar restaurant that was always too 'diggity-dank' for me, the owners of Brotzeit Lokal have done a really nice job remodeling this 'on the water' spot (if only they could deal with the Estuary smell, sadly). The restaurant has some nice outdoor and indoor seating all with water views. Most importantly, the beer was fabulous, the food good too. The food was a little pricey to me but hey its Oakland. I'd probably come back again for the Happy Hour and because the beer is so good, stay right through dinner!!

This is a great spot to stop if you're on a bike ride on the Oakland Embarcadero! But be warned...you may need a friend with a truck to pick you up...I did.

Oh, the service? Once you get going, the awesome waiter will join you in singing "And when I say.....Oklahomaaaaaa...yeah" Perry? I think thats his name! Hope so. Fun and personable!

1  Thank gidgettravels
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

My hubby's family is German & he's a proud home brewer so finding this gem is a boon! Waterfront fab FRESH food beer & wine!

1  Thank LRH7
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had to fly to Oakland recently for business. Coming from Portland it's typically an unremarkable trip. The day I flew though we had a major snow storm coming into PDX and what is typically a 4 hour door to door turned into an 11 hour even. I got to my hotel at 8:30. When I asked if there were any restaurants nearby they suggested the German place in the parking lot. Good enough, close. WOW, I went into the bar end and started with a glass of wine and the Bean Soup. It was out of this world. Maybe I was just uber hungry but after finishing that and the wine I jumped in for the Schnitzel. Great spot and I will most likely stay in the same hotel again, not a great spot, for the restaurant. And this trip was during a rain storm, I can't imagine what it's like on the marina on a nice day.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This restaurant is next to the marina providing a beautiful view. The Gulasch was great, tasty but no too spicy. The wood seats or benches & tables provide a nice relaxed and informal atmosphere to enjoy your meal. The staff are friendly and great a spotting the need for a refill or removing the empty plate.

Been to Brotzeit? Share your experiences!