“Excellent place by the lake”
Review of Zza's Trattoria - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We visited on a saturday when they were having an oyster brunch. The sangria was excellent, as were the oysters. My wife had the shrimp and pancetta pizza and it was top notch. Every wine suggested paired perfectly with our food. Definitely would come back.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

food was ok but not really good. bruschetta was too bready. wine list was ok. decor but somewhat dingy

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I was considering using Zza's Trattoria as a meeting place for dinner with a group of friends from high school days and decided to preview it by having dinner with a friend as I hadn't been there in quite some time. The first thing I noticed is the ambience is looking a bit shabby. Many of the chairs have ripped uphostery and the walls are painted a drab, dark color. I ordered a shrimp pizza which was divine. Thin crust ,tasty sauce and fresh shrimp. However, my friend ordered the roasted chicken and left most of it on her
plate. I tasted a bite and it was dry and tasteless. Two other restaurants in the neighborhood were packed with people while Zza's only had a smattering of folks. It is too bad that I had to decide not to use Zza's for our get-together as I have good memories of the restaurant from the past.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Have tried this place a couple of times wanting it to be better, but while it's lively and has a pleasant space and a good wine bar selection, the food just doesn't cut it. The entrees have a reheated in the microwave from tonight's special batch quality and arrive somewhat tired-looking: tasty, but mostly unsubtle and overly spiced or salted. OK for a glass of wine and wander somewhere else among the new Oakland restaurants for better food.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook