New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Wonderful Food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kincaid's

Kincaid's
Reserve with OpenTable
Kincaid's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,226 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Embacadero West
Transit: Bus #58, 59, 72, 73
Sacramento
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

A most enjoyable meal. The Surf and Turf was delicious, the service great and watching the sail boats on the bay was an added bonus. The waffle sundae was a great way to end the meal. Can't wait to go back to Oakland and Kincaid's. You'll enjoy it too.

• Visited August 2012

Danville, California
“Whats not to like”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Food is just not food. It is a great place to go with friends and you get a great meal. Fun and easy place to meet.

Houston, Texas
“Great food, great service, great views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was my first time at Kincaid's. I read all of the reviews before setting a business lunch here. I have to say, I agree totally with the 5 star reviews and just don't get the lesser reviews. The first thing I noticed (of course) was the location. It was beautiful there, right on the Jack London Square marina, overlooking the East Bay with sailboats all over the place (making me somewhat jealous) but strikingly beautiful to look at during lunch. Next came the service. The hostess was energetic and helpful, took us right to a great table served by Amanda, a charming and very helpful server. She was flawless. Amanda knew the menu, gave good advice, and the food was served perfectly correctly. The menu was broader than most any restaurant I visit - lots of seafood, meats of all kinds, salads of all kinds, soups of all kinds, and a very good wine list. So without belaboring this review, I just want to say it is the best place near downtown Oakland for lunch.

• Visited August 2012
6 Thank rwaites
New York City
“Wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had dinner with a friend and the food and dessert were excellent. I ate braised boneless short ribs that were so tender that I didn't even need a knife. For dessert that had a peach cobbler which was very good. The service and the view made the evening wonderful.

Visited July 2012
Worthington, Ohio
“Nice overall experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I had a late lunch there on Saturday July 21st before going to the Yankees at A's game that night. It was a nice, chill atmosphere and we had a table inside right near the water. During our meal we saw a couple of kayakers and three boats that left the docks. We were looking for a nice relaxing meal on vacation and that was what we got. Our server, Olive was very nice and did a good job. I ordered the lobster bisque, which they poured right at the table. It was excellent. I also ordered the open-faced crab sandwich, which came with fries. I really enjoyed that too. My wife, who doesn't like seafood, also enjoyed her prime rib french dip sandwich as well. It really was a perfect and extremely enjoyable experience for us. A lot of times, when we go out to eat with our daughters, there is always that little sense of urgency to eat and not waste time. It was nice to be able to take our time and take in a nice atmosphere on our vacation. For $60 for lunch for the both of us, we both felt it was a very good value. I felt satisfied and full after our meal unlike what I felt after eating lunch at another seafood restaurant located in SF's Fisherman Wharf, which I also reviewed.

• Visited July 2012