“Whats not to like”
Review of Kincaid's

Kincaid's
Reserve with OpenTable
Kincaid's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,344 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Embacadero West
Transit: Bus #58, 59, 72, 73
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Food is just not food. It is a great place to go with friends and you get a great meal. Fun and easy place to meet.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was my first time at Kincaid's. I read all of the reviews before setting a business lunch here. I have to say, I agree totally with the 5 star reviews and just don't get the lesser reviews. The first thing I noticed (of course) was the location. It was beautiful there, right on the Jack London Square marina, overlooking the East Bay with sailboats all over the place (making me somewhat jealous) but strikingly beautiful to look at during lunch. Next came the service. The hostess was energetic and helpful, took us right to a great table served by Amanda, a charming and very helpful server. She was flawless. Amanda knew the menu, gave good advice, and the food was served perfectly correctly. The menu was broader than most any restaurant I visit - lots of seafood, meats of all kinds, salads of all kinds, soups of all kinds, and a very good wine list. So without belaboring this review, I just want to say it is the best place near downtown Oakland for lunch.

6  Thank rwaites
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had dinner with a friend and the food and dessert were excellent. I ate braised boneless short ribs that were so tender that I didn't even need a knife. For dessert that had a peach cobbler which was very good. The service and the view made the evening wonderful.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I had a late lunch there on Saturday July 21st before going to the Yankees at A's game that night. It was a nice, chill atmosphere and we had a table inside right near the water. During our meal we saw a couple of kayakers and three boats that left the docks. We were looking for a nice relaxing meal on vacation and that was what we got. Our server, Olive was very nice and did a good job. I ordered the lobster bisque, which they poured right at the table. It was excellent. I also ordered the open-faced crab sandwich, which came with fries. I really enjoyed that too. My wife, who doesn't like seafood, also enjoyed her prime rib french dip sandwich as well. It really was a perfect and extremely enjoyable experience for us. A lot of times, when we go out to eat with our daughters, there is always that little sense of urgency to eat and not waste time. It was nice to be able to take our time and take in a nice atmosphere on our vacation. For $60 for lunch for the both of us, we both felt it was a very good value. I felt satisfied and full after our meal unlike what I felt after eating lunch at another seafood restaurant located in SF's Fisherman Wharf, which I also reviewed.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Had lunch here sitting outside on Sunday afternoon while a festival/market was taking place in Jack London Square. A nice choice of interesting dishes with a local Califonia flair. Service was a bit slow, but attentive, and the food for our party of three all was quite good. A bit on the pricey side perhaps, but not too bad considering the prime location. I'd certainly go back again when in the area. We heard on the news that President Obama had lunch there the next day, so you know it is a popular, highly regarded restaurant.

Been to Kincaid's? Share your experiences!