New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Nice overall experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kincaid's

Kincaid's
Reserve with OpenTable
Kincaid's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,220 Restaurants in Oakland
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Embacadero West
Transit: Bus #58, 59, 72, 73
Worthington, Ohio
“Nice overall experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I had a late lunch there on Saturday July 21st before going to the Yankees at A's game that night. It was a nice, chill atmosphere and we had a table inside right near the water. During our meal we saw a couple of kayakers and three boats that left the docks. We were looking for a nice relaxing meal on vacation and that was what we got. Our server, Olive was very nice and did a good job. I ordered the lobster bisque, which they poured right at the table. It was excellent. I also ordered the open-faced crab sandwich, which came with fries. I really enjoyed that too. My wife, who doesn't like seafood, also enjoyed her prime rib french dip sandwich as well. It really was a perfect and extremely enjoyable experience for us. A lot of times, when we go out to eat with our daughters, there is always that little sense of urgency to eat and not waste time. It was nice to be able to take our time and take in a nice atmosphere on our vacation. For $60 for lunch for the both of us, we both felt it was a very good value. I felt satisfied and full after our meal unlike what I felt after eating lunch at another seafood restaurant located in SF's Fisherman Wharf, which I also reviewed.

• Visited July 2012

Gales Ferry, CT
“Beautiful Location, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Had lunch here sitting outside on Sunday afternoon while a festival/market was taking place in Jack London Square. A nice choice of interesting dishes with a local Califonia flair. Service was a bit slow, but attentive, and the food for our party of three all was quite good. A bit on the pricey side perhaps, but not too bad considering the prime location. I'd certainly go back again when in the area. We heard on the news that President Obama had lunch there the next day, so you know it is a popular, highly regarded restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“WORTH A VISIT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

As we entered Kincaid's for a dinner with relatives my heart sagged a little at the size of the room. It had all the markings of the sort of restaurant that serves mass produced food, mostly straight from the freezer. However I was pleasantly surprised. The food is fresh and freshly cooked and the soups are clearly not from a tin. Certainly no complaints there. I thought the choices on the menu were a little limited. Beef was the only meat served and the scampi and prawn dishes on the menu started to look repetitive. On the night we dined I think halibut was the only white fish on the menu. Perhaps there could be a bit more variation.

Nevertheless Kincaid's is worth a visit. The service was smooth, the food fine and you have a nice view over the water.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank John Y
Oslo, Norway
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We had a very good meal here on Fathers Day. Unfortunately as we had a late reservation some of the main courses that we were interested in were sold out. This could have been a major downer if it hadn`t been for our very knowledgeable and sweet server who recommended some similar dishes. She was also quick to come with some wine recommendations when she saw me pick up the wine list. A great view of the water and a comfortable atmosphere make this a very good choice for anyone who wants a nice evening out.

Visited June 2012
Melbourne Australia
“A good dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Although not cheap, the food, service and atmosphere were excellent and there was a good wine list. Situated on the Waterfront at Jack London Square, it was a good dining experience

Visited March 2012