“My favorite restaurant”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had a good time at this restaurant ,.... everything are perfect ..me and my friends always think about sour soup at that restaurant when we have free time..

Reviewed May 29, 2012

If you come to Oakland, you have to fit in a visit to Phnom Penh. We've been coming here for easily 20 years and the food is consistently wonderful. We've taken all of our friends here at one time or another and they all agree. We don't know the Cambodian names for the food or the numbers on the menu, but we ask for "noodle prawn," "beef on a stick," "barbecued chicken" and "red snapper." Or just ask for what John and Virginia always order.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

We have eaten at this family run Cambodian restaurant for many years. We've watch the staff get married and watched the children grow. We'll miss a few months and come back and we're greeted like we ate here 3 times last week.
The staff is great and service very attentive. Cambodian food is not the same as Thai or South China. Different spices and combinations.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Phnom Penh House is a consistently wonderful restaurant in Oakland California. The Chicken soup broth is simply lovely and the seafood combination, sauteed with baby corn and gravy are the essence of great comfort food. The fried bananas are a delicious way to end your meal. Don't miss this simple but wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

After having traveled to Cambodia myself and tasted the cuisine as made by the locals I can tell you that Phnom Penh is more wonderful and more tasty than the "real" stuff. I always visit Phnom Penh when ever I am in the Bay Area and have been a tremendous fan for almost 20 years. My favorites are Nhorm Yuheur, Spicy papaya salad, Moarn ann kreun, Hmaok trei, Char kathiw, and Traop ann neun sach chhrouk. Wish I was there right now.