“Bland and Disappointing”
Review of Juhu Beach Club

Juhu Beach Club
Ranked #48 of 1,308 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Chef Preeti Mistry's Indian street food, snack food and a bit of homestyle cooking in Oakland. Open for dinner Tues-Sunday and brunch on the weekends.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Juhu seems to be modeled on Bollywood Theater in Portland, which gathers a variety of Indian street food rarely served in the US. While Bollywood is an amazing restaurant, Juhu is bland and not very compelling. We tried a variety of items from the menu, and the only thing I would want to eat again are the fries.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great casual dining with Mumbai street food, something you don't see in the US. The food was quite good, but the spice ratings were not. I love spicy food, and I found the very hot items (the tomato soup and the potato slider) not terribly hot, but I wasn't surprised (Mumbai food isn't terribly spicy). They were both quite good. The problem was the eggplant curry, which was not marked as spicy, but which my wife found too spicy to eat. The corn side was outstanding, very flavorful, and not spicy at all (as advertised).
Maybe if we had asked we would have gotten better advice than the menu. I think this is something they need to tune a bit, either in the kitchen or on the menu.
Definitely worth going to, but if you're intolerant of spicy food, be careful.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This restaurant is very casual and inspired by the beach/street food of Mumbai. We had a variety of Pavs or sliders; potato, lamb meatball, beef (Holy Cow) and chicken. They were all delicious. The fries are masala spiced and delicious. I also had some slaw and their ice tea. It was well made, fresh and yummy, making for a perfect lunch.

Been to Juhu Beach Club? Share your experiences!