“awesome”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Beautiful hotel with superb amenities and gorgeous views. Very clean spacious nicely decorated rooms. The coffee stand microwave and refrigerator highly convenient when accommodating children.Close to the BART. Excellent breakfast with large selection of hot and cold healthy food choices. Helpful available staff who gave us assistance with restaurant recommendations and directions to downtown San Francisco. We really appreciated the one hour early check which the staff was able to extend to us. I would recommend this hotel to vacationers as much as business travelers. The money spent to be on the bayside of hotel is well worth the money as it provides not just a pretty water view but fun boat activity watching as well. We plan a return visit to the bay area and will definitely make the Bayside Best Western our home again for our visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Amy Z
MHochstatter, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Amy,

Thank you for your kind words. Our staff works very hard to do the things you outlined in your note, so I know they will be excited to hear that you appreciated their efforts.

In your note you mentioned making our hotel "Home" again. This couldn't make us more happy. That's what we're striving for.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ceres, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Nice, quiet, clean and spacious room (king room)! I checked out several hotels before deciding on this hotel and am very happy with my decision! I felt safe at night walking from the parking lot to the hotel..... Free parking was a plus too!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel....nice water view with a balcony!
1 Thank Sherrie R
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here one night before flying out to Kona. This is a beautiful and well maintained hotel. Room was clean and very comfortable. They were nice enough to upgrade us to a king with bay view as we were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. The office chair and workspace was wonderful. I have been thinking of asking them what kind of office chair it was as it was so comfortable. The breakfast area was clean. A great variety of breakfast items and of course the beautiful view out the front windows of the bay. We used their free shuttle to and from the airport. The drivers were courteous and handled the busy traffic safely. The front desk personnel were very nice and quick to respond to our needs. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the bay side rooms. Well worth the view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Fort Collins,

Thank you for your comments and we're very happy that you felt comfortable with us. That is our primary focus.

You had a question regarding the desk chair in our rooms. Those chairs came from a manufacturing company called Eaton, and the style number is 2306 "Task Chair" We're not sure that Eaton sells retail, however now adays with the internet you can probably find anything you want.

We'll look forward to your next visit to the islands.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Point Reyes Station, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I pulled off the freeway and thought "Trip Advisor let me down". I considered driving on to another hotel, even though I had reservations, this place is RIGHT off the freeway and I did not want to spend the night listening to traffic. The possibility of losing my deposit is the only thing that got me to go inside. I'm glad I did.
The staff were SO helpful and kind. Suggestions for dinner within walking distance, ideas for walks, how to book the shuttle, wake up call - all with a smile and an honest desire to give great service.
My room was amazing! Third floor looking out to the bay. I had forgotten that Oakland even had a bay. Beautiful, quiet and the option for fresh air. I read in the sun on the little patio, then took a walk along the bay. It was fabulous. Before going to sleep I called my partner and booked a stay for the next time we'd be flying out of Oakland.
The bed was comfy, the bathroom was HUGE with a separate tub and shower, the gym had equipment that all worked (gasp) and offered towels and water, breakfast (included in price) had plenty of tasty and healthy (or not if you choose) choices.
The shuttle here runs by appointment which I thought would be a drag. Quite the opposite - it was nice to have a driver pull up right on time and then head for my flight. On the return I called and the shuttle arrive earlier than expected and long before some of the "oh we run every 15 minutes" shuttles. On the way back to the hotel to grab my car I talk to a couple who takes advantage of the Park and Fly service they offer for long trips. Sounds great to me.
5 stars for a Best Western? Yup - this was a great place. I'd go out of my way to stay here again.
Thanks to the gentleman who was working on March 12th when I checked in. You were flipping amazing.

Room Tip: Water view rooms are great. Little noise and fresh air.
1 Thank CoastalBadger
Newport Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Best Western Plus - Bayside is an amazing Gem in Oakland. The staff provides excellent service and the property is nice, quite and perfectly located between the airport, city and San Francisco. It's my favorite location when I travel to Oakland for business.

Oakland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Martha Osorio at breakfast is an excellent employee with excellent attitude and service Ian and David at the check in at night are excellent employees with excellent attitudes Diego at the check out in the morning displays good attidutd

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MHochstatter, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Robert,

Thank you for the kind words on the team. Because we're a 24 hour, 7 day a week business it takes a team to be available when our guests have a need. We're glad we were there for you.

Thank you for choosing the Bayside Hotel and we look forward to your return.

See you soon!
El Dorado Hills, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels for the money! I recently stayed at a four star hotel in San Jose and the room at this hotel is equal to if not better than the one in San Jose. Also, if you get a bay side room you cannot beat the view for the value! This is a hidden gem!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MHochstatter, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Craig,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us.

Spring is just about to hit here in Oakland and I was out on the deck last night watching the sun set over San Francisco. We had a nice warm day and a promise of a great weekend in the 80's. You're absolutely correct about the hidden gem quality of the property. Well said

We look forward to your return.