“The hotel was wonderful, Roberto's reservation service was even better”

Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houghton, Michigan
“The hotel was wonderful, Roberto's reservation service was even better”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am was able to get partially compensated for some of my two nights stay in this hotel as a per diem cost for presenting at a conference. As an educator, I don't usually stay at places as fabulous as this hotel was but figured with the extra funds I would see what it's like to live in style. My husband and I loved it here.

However, even more wonderful time and our good night's sleep was the help I received from their reservation desk. U needed to file an expense account nine months after we stayed and I needed to provide receipt to show I actually stayed in a hotel. This is when I realized I did not have an electronic or any copy of the receipt. Thank goodness that Roberto helped me, he quickly located and emailed me a copy of my old receipt--even though my name had been misspelled and the hotel had changed hands. So glad we stayed at this first class hotel, They are so good they even take care of you long after living in the lap of luxury is just a memory. While the stay was worth every penny we paid, it's nice to be able to prove I used funds I was given so I may get a portion back.

Room Tip: ask at the desk, I recall the clerk letting us know some rooms were quieter than others.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Big Flats
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights. We loved every minute of it! The staff was beyond helpful. We used the hotel's van to travel around the city several times. The drivers were all amazing. We have no complaints about our stay at the Hotel. The room was HUGE and clean! The food was delicious. And the breakfasts were switched up, so we never had the same breakfast two days in a row. I loved the fact that there was FRESH coffee (and hot cocoa) available throughout the day. My son LOVED the pool - although we did have to walk to the sister hotel next door. We definitely would stay here again. It felt like home!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel was easily accessible from the freeway. I wasn't sure if our reservation was for the Executive Inn or the Best Western, as they are next to each other and must have recently merged services. I naturally went into the wrong place, but the employee quickly looked up and verified my reservation, and called the Best Western to indicate I was on my way. At Best Western, they continued where Executive left off, and provided wonderful check in service. Although they were a bit short handed and I had to wait, the employee kept coming back to me, so I didn't mind the wait. The room was large and beautiful, with a fabulous view of the Bay. Unfortunately, I checked in late and left early, but there appeared to be a great walking path around the water.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is an extremely nice Best Western. We rented a king room with a balcony and view of the water. In the morning I took a walk behind the hotel next to the water. The room was spotless and comfortable. I think I've found my new home for business trips to Oakland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chantilly
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We loved our 3 night stay here. Our room had the water view and was well worth the extra price. The $10 steak night was surprisingly good and the location was convenient after a long day. Would stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockville
Reviewed September 15, 2013

One of the best. Nice, clean, modern, friendly staff. Keep it like it is! The rooms are very clean, furniture is modern. Wifi is ok. Only 15 mins away from San Fransisco, you avoid the more expensive hotels. You have to pay $4 when you enter SF over the renewed bay bridge.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night but this hotel is definitely aesthetically pleasing. All of the employees said hello and were helpful. The rooms are in superb condition. Breakfast was quite good. Location is also a plus as it was a short drive into San Francisco. The only complaint we had was that we thought the beds were too hard, however we realize that is just a personal preference and should not reflect poorly on this gem of a property.

• Stayed September 2013