“Family Vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Idaho
“Family Vacation”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great hotel, very clean large rooms. Decorated nicely and modern. The hotel shuttle is so convenient to the Ferry or BART. Nice to have breakfast ready. We were a little concerned to stay in Oakland but it seemed separated from the city. It was right next to the freeway but make sure you get a waterfront room with balcony. Any noise from it is gone. We would stay again.

1 Thank Z2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

A good hotel to stay at for access to San Fransisco without the dirt and expensive prices. The rooms are clean, spacious and well maintained. The staff are all efficient and friendly, especially Cameron on the front desk. If you need any help or advice, he is only too willing to assist. Would my family and I stay here again? When we are in the area, definitely. The only suggestion is that to find the hotel by car, if you do not know the area, sat nav is very useful.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Connoisseur2012
chicago
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Well, it's 845am and I've been waiting for robes that I requested at 7am in person at the front desk.I stopped at the front desk to ask for these robes prior to having the comp breakfast to save myself some time before leaving my room for the day. Obviously I'm writing this review because I'm still waiting, I stopped at the front desk again to be told that housekeeping doesn't come in until 8am but they would run it up as soon as they got in.....again now its 855am. Two stops at the front desk, one phone call and I'm ready to leave for the day. Really? More on my stay later because I don't have time to wait around for robes, BTW I wanted the robes so my grandfather & kids wouldn't have to walk from the pool through the outside corridor then through hotel in dripping wet towels, its only 68 degrees here today.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DanielSalesManager, Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your experience with the delivery of the robes. I spoke to our housekeeping staff as well as our front desk staff, and it seems like there must have been a miscommunication. The robes were ready in our front desk office right after our housekeepers arrived at 8am. However, they were under the impression that you did not want us to deliver the robes up to your room, but was instead going to come down and get them.

I truly apologize for the miscommunication, and the inconvenience we caused. I heard that the issue was resolved and that you did have a wonderful stay with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Alaska
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I and a friend were booked into the Hotel...we hunted for it but there was no sign. WE finally asked and we were there. The hotel is huge and spread out. We had a bayside room. We almost need cracker crumbs to find the room down all the halls. The room was large and quite lovely. The manager was most helpful and pleasant. They have a van that will take you to the restaurant and to the ferry terminal and probably anywhere else you would like to go. It was quiet and very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Grass Valley, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a great alternate to staying in pricey SF hotels where you have to pay for parking. Shuttle will take you to BART station or Ferry at Jack London Square. Breakfast is good, with lots of choices. Receptionists are friendly and very helpful. A good value for the money. Not in a great neighborhood but the premises are fine. It is still Oakland.

San Bernardino, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The front desk was very helpful and friendly. We were very satisfied with the décor and the cleanliness of the room. Our only complaint was the breakfast. The eggs were cold and there weren't enough seats to eat your breakfast. The area around the hotel wasn't very inviting as it was covered with graffiti, but if you can get passed this it is a very good hotel. This hotel needs to improve on providing a better breakfast for its guests.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DanielSalesManager, Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you Beatriz for your feedback on our breakfast. Unfortunately, we do not serve a full american breakfast. However, we do serve an upgraded continental breakfast, which always includes two hot items. Those two hot items are different from day to day. One day it is scrambled eggs and hash brown, and another day it is french toast and link sausages.

Breakfast is a very important meal, and we appreciate all the feedback we can get on our food, in order to improve our quality of offerings and customer service.

I am sorry to hear that you had a hard time finding seats. If we are sold out and the majority of our guests decide to come down at the same time it tends to get a little crowded in the lounge. However, most of the time we have plenty of seats around the breakfast buffet.

I am glad you enjoyed staying with us and I hope you will return for a second stay!
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed July 24, 2013

There are a lot of pitfalls to choosing an Oakland hotel, but this one leaves nothing to chance. There are two sides to this hotel--the first, its convenient location right off the 880 freeway. When you walk inside, however, that side is forgotten. I was greeted by the famous Cameron, who has been mentioned in numerous posts. The lobby is lovely and spacious, with 24-hour coffee service and a good (and free!) breakfast, with waffles, eggs, fresh pastry, yogurt, fresh fruit, toast. Rooms are spotless and really, really big! 700 sq feet!! All of the rooms overlook the estuary, and mine had a balcony. The fitness center was well-equipped and also very clean, with a big flat-screen TV. Really, this is an economical choice for the business traveler, but for tourists there is also the convenience of the shuttle, which takes you to the BART for further exploring and to Jack London Square, an Oakland landmark. I was visiting family in the Oakland Hills, and the hotel was a short drive from there. I will be back! Many thanks to the helpful and welcoming staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors for a great view of the estuary and its water birds!