WINNER WONDERLAND

BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pelham, New Hampshire
“Wow! This isn't your fathers Best Western.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Really nice hotel. Convenient to freeway or Bart System with free shuttle service. Complimentary continental breakfast plus more. Huge and nicely styled rooms and really nice bathrooms. The one complaint might be the water pressure of the shower. Overall I was very impressed. Very helpful staff. Highly recommended. I wish I had more time to check out the fitness center and pool. Thanks. P.S. Not Usually into leaving feedback but I had to make an exception for this.

Room Tip: Standard room was more than adequate.
Green Features: Maybe a little too environmentally friendly when it comes to shower water pressure.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Monterey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This Best Western located on the Embarcadero, in Oakland was an excellent choice for our two night stay. Although it was busy weekend, staff was all the best!
Two stand out: Cameron at the front desk for check-in and shuttle services, was friendly, helpful, and attentive to every detail. Thanks, Cameron. Morning breakfast staff person - Montsarret was also a notable employee. despite very busy traffic on weekend morning, she was working constantly to keep everything stocked, and clean, I never saw her stop working!!
Breakfast selections were quite nice, lots of choices. food was fresh and hot. Also good coffees, which I appreciate!
Overall the hotel was really well run. Located on the waterfront, with very nice views. Rooms were very clean, everything perfect. Housekeepng did a fine job, while we were out.
Swimming pool and outdoor spa was sparkling clean. Spa was hot and also clean. Pool area was clean, and located right next to the bay for pleasant views.
I think a well run hotel, with quality funishings, and staff that work hard to be courteous and meet needs desrves recognition. I highly recommend this Best Western.

Room Tip: rooms on the bay side are quieter, and have vicer views.
Mariposa, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at other hotels in the area and really liked this one. Clean, friendly staff, huge room! I stayed in one with a whirlpool tub. Stay was short (about 9 hours) but I loved it. Right next to the freeway and a train across the freeway and never heard either one!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

What can I say? Nice hotel! However, I was very surprised that Best Western had switched from Executive! The room condition is very nice. I really like the separate tub and shower. Nice water view from my balcony. Clean hotel and nice facilities. The service is what I like most of this hotel! When I checked in, Mr. Cameron was smiling and happy to assist. As I spoke with him, I found out he is a fellow Spartan, as I am an alumni of SJSU, was very happy to hear. We need more informative, and knowledgable college students like himself. He was also a very good listener, and he placed me in my preferred room as requested. Note: I came in without a reservation, and still had my preference met!

Thank you, Best Western! I'll stay again!

Room Tip: Water side! Worth it!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MHochstatter, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you Clarence for sharing your experience with us. We switched over to Best Western just about 2 months ago. It is our former suites building that has now turned into the Best Western Plus Bayside hotel. The two hotels are still under the same ownership, but guests in our former suites building, now the Best Western, will receive reward points now.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff and service. I will make sure to let Cameron know.

I hope to see you back with us in the near future!
Richfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel greatly exceeded my expectations! I booked multiple suite rooms and they were much larger than anticipated - there was plenty of room for 3-4 people, allowing us to claim our own space. The rooms were also very clean, the beds comfortable, and I was happy with the balcony to enjoy the waterfront view. The staff was wonderful and made us feel welcome. They upgraded one of my rooms without charge when they had an issue with water leaking in another room. This hotel was one of the few in the area with free wi-fi, free parking, and complimentary breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family/friends and will plan to stay here again in the future when I am in the Oakland area.

Room Tip: Choose waterfront suites for better views of Embarcadero Cove and San Francisco
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This nice hotel with rooms on the Waterfront, without the noice of the 880 Freeway, made our 4 nights stay to enjoy travelling to a Big City.
Parking free for our car, bringing by shuttle to Lake Merriot BART station, we were in half an hour downtown SF .
As seniors we had a greencard from BART, that means $ 24 value for $ 9 pro person.
The breakfest is fine, the room was nice and clean. Good services overall, for a price we could not find in the region.

Room Tip: Ask for Waterfront with balcony and enjoy your sights.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeport, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is a somewhat cheaper place to stay in Oakland near the Estuary.
A pleasant and peaceful place with large open space common area and well maintained.

While not a "bargain", I prefer staying here than the next closest Best Western over by the Oakland Airport.

Free parking and shuttle service to Jack London Sq/public transportation hub. I was surprised parking was free, which is not common in the Bay Area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Estuary are worth it If you like sunsets, take the right hand side. Main floor su...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo