“Decent Mexican Food”

LaPenca Azul
Ranked #527 of 1,297 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We came here while visiting family on 4th of July. It was rather empty for a Friday night, which I was actually receptive of since our family said it is always packed. The service was good and the food tasted good. I got the Penca Azul Especial with steak and shrimp. It was cooked well and the portion was very good. This is not the best Mexican food, but if I'm in the area I would return.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife & I have been coming to this restaurant for years & are vip rewards members. The food is amazing & so are the staff, they have several restaurant's located around the bay area but two are located right here in my home town of Alameda Ca , my family & I visit the one beside my house on bay farm quite often & love it. Great for breakfast/ brunch lunch & dinner, even late night bites to 3am wow ! & don't forget the huge selection of tequilas & mix drinks to was it all down , you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

There's better Mexican food to be had, but this was a perfectly acceptable meal. The location is fine and the service is not bad at all.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This place was close to my hotel so I decided to try. The location was nice, right on the water. The wait staff was very nice. The food was average; it came out very very fast. I had happy hour specials at the bar; tims special...not a fan and tequila mojito...was ok...probably should have stuck with a rita!

2  Thank M-wiz
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great service and great tasting food. Highly recommend this place. Great for families or at the bar watching the game.