“Loved The Atmosphere & Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 1,250 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Loved The Atmosphere & Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We decided to search for a dinner location on our travels from San Fran to the Pleasanton area. Berkeley seemed a good choice. What a wonderful meal! The location is small and I'm glad we were able to get a table without a reservation. My meal : soft shell crab, risotto and green beans. This was our first non-chain or tourist area meal. The price tag initially seemed slightly high, but I have no comparison for food costs just yet in California. Needless to say the meal was well worth the price. If you find yourself in this area, definitely check it out!

1 Thank Carrie V

Lafayette, California
“Great food but not for people on a low fat diet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a delightful dinner at Marcia on Friday. For appetizers we has Prince Edwards Island Mussels in a creamy lemon tasting sauce. For the main dishes we ordered Cannelloni Pasta (vegetarian) and Australian Natural Lamb. The delicious food was accompanied by a perfectly chilled Italian (Venice) Pino Grigio. Everything, including the service, was outstanding. But the dishes we enjoyed came heavenly laden with cream and butter. What was there not to like - unless you are dieting? I understand the chocolate dessert, which take some 30 mins to prepare (order it at the same times as the main course) is divine. This is not a suitable restaurant for young children. Reservation is recommended - at least on Fridays.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank reise-tanta-di
Westchester (LA), CA
“Neighborhood vibe & good seafood, service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had just finished a late Friday evening visit to Cal State East Bay campus and were traveling north through Oakland on way to Folsom, when Marica came up on a Yelp search for restaurants, with reviewers stating they loved the seafood stew, lobster bisque. since it was nearly 9:00 pm we gave it a try and were well pleased. My 17 year old ordered the seafood/lobster stew which had large pieces of seafood and veggies steamed in a flavorful broth. I was trying to keep total cost down so ordered Caesar salad with some shrimp added instead of ordering a dinner entrée. The salad was freshly prepared, good dressing and croutons, nice parmesan, and the medium-large shrimp were cooked excellent and only charged about $5 extra for the add-in. This place has nice service (my son's cell phone had died and they agreed to allow him to use someone's charger behind the bar). They refilled water glasses/beverages quickly and the chairs were comfortable even though we were seated close to the kitchen entrance. Would go back here any time in the area. Nice menu selections.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oakland, California
“Excellent seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Went to Marica for a birthday dinner. Food was excellent, service was great. They also have a great bar with extended happy hour. The place is always crowded so reservations are needed. The dish I ordered reminded me of a bouillabaisse but I felt it lacked a bit of depth. Even so the flavors were great. Others were very happy too. Appetizers were great.

• Visited April 2014
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
“Lovely area of Oakland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

You could probably eat your way up and down this street for a long time. Charming shops and restaurants. Marica was recommended by a niece who lives in the area. We had the prix fixe dinner with a fabulous lobster bisque starter. Served promptly and hot. The entree was a fabulous salmon cooked to perfection. There were several dessert choices; I had a trifle with biscotti, mixed berries and a fabulous custard. The noise level made conversation a challenge or I would have rated it a 5.

1 Thank judedude79

Been to Marica? Share your experiences!