“Great food but not for people on a low fat diet”
Review of Marica

Marica
Ranked #14 of 1,328 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a delightful dinner at Marcia on Friday. For appetizers we has Prince Edwards Island Mussels in a creamy lemon tasting sauce. For the main dishes we ordered Cannelloni Pasta (vegetarian) and Australian Natural Lamb. The delicious food was accompanied by a perfectly chilled Italian (Venice) Pino Grigio. Everything, including the service, was outstanding. But the dishes we enjoyed came heavenly laden with cream and butter. What was there not to like - unless you are dieting? I understand the chocolate dessert, which take some 30 mins to prepare (order it at the same times as the main course) is divine. This is not a suitable restaurant for young children. Reservation is recommended - at least on Fridays.

1  Thank reise-tanta-di

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had just finished a late Friday evening visit to Cal State East Bay campus and were traveling north through Oakland on way to Folsom, when Marica came up on a Yelp search for restaurants, with reviewers stating they loved the seafood stew, lobster bisque. since it was nearly 9:00 pm we gave it a try and were well pleased. My 17 year old ordered the seafood/lobster stew which had large pieces of seafood and veggies steamed in a flavorful broth. I was trying to keep total cost down so ordered Caesar salad with some shrimp added instead of ordering a dinner entrée. The salad was freshly prepared, good dressing and croutons, nice parmesan, and the medium-large shrimp were cooked excellent and only charged about $5 extra for the add-in. This place has nice service (my son's cell phone had died and they agreed to allow him to use someone's charger behind the bar). They refilled water glasses/beverages quickly and the chairs were comfortable even though we were seated close to the kitchen entrance. Would go back here any time in the area. Nice menu selections.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Went to Marica for a birthday dinner. Food was excellent, service was great. They also have a great bar with extended happy hour. The place is always crowded so reservations are needed. The dish I ordered reminded me of a bouillabaisse but I felt it lacked a bit of depth. Even so the flavors were great. Others were very happy too. Appetizers were great.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

You could probably eat your way up and down this street for a long time. Charming shops and restaurants. Marica was recommended by a niece who lives in the area. We had the prix fixe dinner with a fabulous lobster bisque starter. Served promptly and hot. The entree was a fabulous salmon cooked to perfection. There were several dessert choices; I had a trifle with biscotti, mixed berries and a fabulous custard. The noise level made conversation a challenge or I would have rated it a 5.

1  Thank judedude79
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We booked a table at Marica and were excited to try this restaurant. We are always very loyal to Woodtavern, Mullinari and Bellancio's, but wanted to try something new.

We didn't even manage to get to our table. They denied us ever having booked - even through we showed them their number and a 1 minute call on our mobile that day as proof, and they implied we had made the mistake which is the most alarming. Rebecca the manager is obviously inexperienced in Managing situations like this, and made us feel rejected versus trying to work out another time we could come and try their restaurants. Junior front of house staff, not impressed at all. If you want to experience great hosting and serving - the restaurants above are much more impressive.

2  Thank Lunauk

Been to Marica? Share your experiences!