“Fine Food and Very Welcoming”
Review of Marica

Marica
Ranked #16 of 1,281 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Fine Food and Very Welcoming”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first visit to both Marica and the neighborhood, but the place feels like the neighborhood - very friendly, slightly upscale, comfortable. We had three different types of fish (seafood stew, salmon and sea bass) as well as the lobster bisque. All the fish was unanimously praised, as was the soup. Although it tasted like no lobster bisque I've ever had and didn't really taste of lobster, it was really excellent. Chocolate souffle is a must. Service was impeccable.

• Visited March 2013

Corona, California
“Cozy Atmosphere and Awesome Food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wife and I had an awesome dining experience here. Food and service was great. The way the chef married the flavors in both of our dishes was amazing. Drinks are reasonable during happy hour. Marica is a very cozy place. I typically don't go for small restaurants like this but for this place, it works. Not a place for little ones. Wife and I both had two drinks, appetizers, and a meal and it was around $105. We will be back!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank general5star1962
Oakland, California
“Great Neighborhood Find”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We've been eating at this restaurant since its very early days...first time in 1999. It's one of those places you don't get tired of going to as it's always staying current, delivering great food and drink at a fair price. One thing to note...it's very noisy, so if you have difficulty in loud settings, this could trouble you. There won't be any intimate conversations in this room. BUT, the drinks are great - they have a $6 cocktail menu with plenty of great choices, some wonderful new options on a $9 menu. I had a limeade martini that was yummy. After we were seated they sent a plate of steamed mussels in a pernod and shallot sauce that were the best I have ever had...and they were on the house. Sometimes mussels are iffy, so I'm always shy to order them but these were cooked to perfection, not too large and the sauce very dip-able! Between the 4 of us, 2 ordered the sea bass which had a wonderful smoky taste like as it was mesquite grilled, the pork chop which was a perfect med-rare as the birthday boy ordered it....and I can't remember the last one because the dessert was amazing! German chocolate souffle with vanilla bean ice cream...and a candle for Birthday boy, and a perfect creme brulee. What a treat of an evening in a special neighborhood place.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Pat B
Peterborough, New Hampshire
“Stunning Seafood”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Wonderful restaurant. Busy even on a Monday night.My wife and I ordered the seafood stew with a cheese puff.The sauce was amazing!good portion with lots of shrimp and scallops.Delicious! The chocolate souffle,which had to be ordered at the beginning of the meal,came with two scoops of vanilla ice cream and was big enough for 4 of us to share..

• Visited February 2013
Oakland, California
“Great martini!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Where else can you get a $5 martini (when they are on special)? The food, and particularly the fish, which my husband loves, is always good. The sides are also well cooked--no overcooked brocolli or green beans.

Visited February 2013

Been to Marica? Share your experiences!