“Good Thai food”
Review of SOI 4

SOI 4
Reserve with OpenTable
SOI 4 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 1,288 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The service was a little lacking but it is a fun, elegant yet casual place with great food. Try as many of the tapas that you can, especially the Thai spiced corn cakes and the oh-so-good shrimp and pork dumplings. All of it yummy. Be prepared to wait, though. And it wasn't really even that busy.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I enjoy the wide selection and the willingness of the staff to accommodate my needs for low salt.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We recently returned from a trip to California where we went to SOI 4 with our daughter and some friends to SOI 4. While the atmosphere seemed a bit tight (they tried to get as many people seated in the upper balcony level as possible) the service was very friendly and efficient. We tried a few items here that I have never seen before (suggested by one of the friends) that were very tasty. The spiced corn cake and sautéed turnip cake appetizers were wonderful - with a blend of spices that had kick but not overwhelming - both were excellent. The Pad Thai with shrimp was very good, but I personally like Pad Thai better without seafood. The green beans and tofu in a red ginger sauce was also delicious! Overall a great meal with very courteous staff.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Met a long-time friend while in town for work. We had four different appetizers and each was perfect. The lettuce wraps with coconut were particularly delicious: small bites with many layers of fresh flavors. Be sure to try the turnip appetizer; never had anything quite like this. I believe that until 6pm appetizers and drinks are half-price. We sat upstairs and had plenty of quiet for a conversation. Coconut panna cotta with a touch of mango sauce was exquisite and simple for dessert. Service was soft and unobtrusive, but helpful when choosing dishes. Lovely evening.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My parents came for a visit and they wanted good thai food. There were 6 of us and we went to Soi 4 after being recommended by friends. We did not have a reservation but the hostess was very friendly and helped us get a seat. But we only had 45 minutes as the reserved guests will arrive at that time. With a great waiter, our stay didn't feel rushed and we got exceptional service. The food was amazing and my parents enjoyed our time together at Soi 4. My father loves to eat out and is very opinionated about restaurants. So finding a good restaurant is extremely difficult. With Soi 4, he gave me the thumbs up.

Been to SOI 4? Share your experiences!