“Excellent Food, great value”
Review of Fat Lady

Fat Lady
Reserve with OpenTable
Fat Lady is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,286 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Easy access to Jack London Square, movie theaters, jazz club. The menu is varied from a collection of appetizers and light fare to full dinner entrees and selections are reasonably priced.

That night, I didn't want a "dining experience"; I just wanted a good, easy meal. I had the burger, which was truly a meal, and a house salad. The burger was excellent - plenty big, perfectly cooked with all the right toppings; exactly what I wanted on that night. The salad was the sleeper surprise - house salad with Roquefort dressing; the surprise was the addition of walnuts, currants and strawberries which combined with the dressing to produce a unique, delicious flavor.

All in all, I’d recommend Fat Lady if you’re looking for a quick bite before/after a show or a casual, informal dinner with friends.

There are newer reviews for Fat Lady

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This place had a great atmosphere. The service was excellent. The libations were very reasonably priced. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. We will go back here again

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We gave them a second shot after a disappointing first time with rubbery chicken on the ceaser salad. The second time the bartender could have cared less that we were there, terribly slow service and a total shame because the burger was good, but enough to do that again.

1  Thank S R
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Went here for dinner with friends and it was uninspiring. No draft beer in the house which was disappointing. The House Marinated Kalamata Olive appetizer was good. I ordered a seafood mix and I can't recall whether it was a special or a regular on the menu, anyway I wouldn't order it again and I wouldn't recommend it. The calamari was rubbery and tough...most likely from being improperly prepared, the shrimp was good, the clams were just ok, I chose not to finish my meal or take it home so that pretty much says it all right there. The service was actually pretty bad, by that I mean slow and inattentive. Based on this experience I would not go back.

1  Thank jdohare
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Very charming - Great atmosphere & Very good food & Drinks, Great service. European & American menu. it something like you would find on Bourbon St in N O L A
Definitely Recommend