“Business Tradition”

Dining options: Reservations
Long Beach, CA
“Business Tradition”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I eat here when clients request. The old railroad and port execs love this place...maybe it's a Godfather caprice. It's a bit hidden at Jack London Square...look for Jack's shack towards the south end and it will be right behind you on the water. I usually get seafood, but sandwiches and salads are also very good. They have been closed a couple of times when I've been by and there is no sign indicating daily hours. I know they are closed on Monday, but not sure of other days.

• Visited June 2013

oakland
“One great dish”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This place was an old style Italian seafood restaurant on the wharf 35 years ago when I first ate there. It was remodeled somewhat about 20 years ago, which was an improvement, but it is still an old style place. In the past I have eaten fish and pasta there, which was passably good, but I now go there about once every five years for the Veal Lambata - and I feel guilty for eating veal each time, but it is great. It is not on the menu, sometimes it is on the specials board, but even if not you can order it anyway, just tell the waiter. It is a veal porterhouse steak that is fairly thick and it is smothered in some type of rich sauce. I haven't been there for quite a few years, but I need to get another fix. If it weren't so unethical to eat veal, I would eat there quite often. You might want to call and make sure they have the veal lambata before going.

• Visited August 2012
Auburn, California
“New owners”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

One of several we visit when in Bay Area. New owners since our last trip. Food not up to par by comparison of many previous visits. Prices have sky-rocketed! Service still good. Place a bit cleaner. A first timer would rate higher, a past steady visitor will find prices beyond value! Definitely room for improvement to attract old returnees and locals.

• Visited October 2012
California
“Great fish and pasta!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Ate here for our son's birthday. Food and service were excellent. The special was butterflied prawns and they were excellent. Tried a new wine from Francis Ford Coppola's vineyard Santos and I am going to look for it in the grocery store. Wait staff was very attentive. Clam chowder was quite good but I do not think it was made from scratch. I would eat here again.

Sparks, Nevada
“Loved it”
Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

Location: beautiful views of the water. Food: suburb real world Italian with dishes not routinely seen. If I lived here I would be a regular.