“A great family experience” 4 of 5 stars

Mezze Restaurant & Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Trestle Glen Road
“A great family experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Five os us, including two little children, enjoyed our meal last night. Excellent menu, excellent service. I enjoyed my Greek Pizza. My wife said her Spaghetti Squash was also excellent.

Oakland, California
“Very good Mediterranean food in Oakland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I hadn't been here in a while and was ready for a refresher. We were on the early side and service was prompt. We all enjoyed our meals; 2 of us had the chicken kabob (it was very good; I tried some) and 1 had the duck . I wanted the chicken kabob, too, but didn't like the idea of 3 of us ordering the same item, so at the last minute I sprang for the wild mushroom risotto (with sausage). I'm glad I did. The risotto was creamy but crunchy. The peas were fresh. There were plenty of mushrooms. It was just the right amount of food. Mezze is a very good restaurant, and they support local non-profits when they can, and this is important to me. This was a memorable dining experience for us and we'll go back.

• Visited November 2012
Castro Valley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, and a quiet relaxing atmosphere...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Certainly fulfills the category of a First Class neighborhood gem! Offers understated elegant ambience, friendly service, and food more flavorful than expected. The Scallop dish was so yummy until I wished I could have been served a bit more of it on my plate....

• Visited August 2012
Oakland, California, United States
“Great neighborhood spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Close to Lake Merritt, there aren't too many restaurants better than Mezze! The atmosphere is great and the service is consistent. One thing that always surprises people I go here with is how good the Caesar salad is! Isn't a Caesar salad just a salad? Yes, but theirs is one of the best I've ever had.

Always ask for the waiter's recommendation. They have never led me astray.

• Visited November 2011
Oakland
“Not Going Down with the Titanic Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The special event- " The Last Dinner on the Titanic" authentic 7 course menu with Mushroom duxelle puff pastry, Barley soup, poached salmon with a musseline sauce of dill and cucumber, filet mignon with real seared foie gras, scalloped potatoes and wine demi glace, orange juice champagne refresher, asparagus salad and profiteroles for dessert- all for $55. With the 1958 film"Titanic" screened on the wall with subtitles, and many guests dressed for the occasion- it was a fine evening.

• Visited April 2012