“Very good Mediterranean food in Oakland”
Review of Mezze Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Mezze Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Trestle Glen Road
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I hadn't been here in a while and was ready for a refresher. We were on the early side and service was prompt. We all enjoyed our meals; 2 of us had the chicken kabob (it was very good; I tried some) and 1 had the duck . I wanted the chicken kabob, too, but didn't like the idea of 3 of us ordering the same item, so at the last minute I sprang for the wild mushroom risotto (with sausage). I'm glad I did. The risotto was creamy but crunchy. The peas were fresh. There were plenty of mushrooms. It was just the right amount of food. Mezze is a very good restaurant, and they support local non-profits when they can, and this is important to me. This was a memorable dining experience for us and we'll go back.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Certainly fulfills the category of a First Class neighborhood gem! Offers understated elegant ambience, friendly service, and food more flavorful than expected. The Scallop dish was so yummy until I wished I could have been served a bit more of it on my plate....

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Close to Lake Merritt, there aren't too many restaurants better than Mezze! The atmosphere is great and the service is consistent. One thing that always surprises people I go here with is how good the Caesar salad is! Isn't a Caesar salad just a salad? Yes, but theirs is one of the best I've ever had.

Always ask for the waiter's recommendation. They have never led me astray.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The special event- " The Last Dinner on the Titanic" authentic 7 course menu with Mushroom duxelle puff pastry, Barley soup, poached salmon with a musseline sauce of dill and cucumber, filet mignon with real seared foie gras, scalloped potatoes and wine demi glace, orange juice champagne refresher, asparagus salad and profiteroles for dessert- all for $55. With the 1958 film"Titanic" screened on the wall with subtitles, and many guests dressed for the occasion- it was a fine evening.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

You can't go wrong selecting Mezze for those special occasion dinners. The menu encompasses a wide variety of dishes, including pizze, Moroccan lamb tagine, housemade gnocchi with pulled duck confit, coriander-crusted ahi tuna, gourmet hamburgers, wood-oven roasted chicken, Catalan Suquet (seafood stew) and “spaghetti squash pasta” among many other choices. I have tried them all and they are all good. Every night, they offer a three-course prix-fixe menu for ($22.95) with a choice of soup or salad, entrée and dessert.
I can walk to this restaurant from my house. But, would suggest that you make the effort to try Mezze even if you have to use your car to get there.

1  Thank RingoGilkey