“Awesome coffee”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Went to Mama's because my husband lived in Oakland for several years and always enjoyed the food and coffee. I have to say it was as good as he described. What a great atmosphere there too. Obviously a favortie with the locals.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I work in the area and occasionally wake up early just to eat at Mama's Royal Café. The best offering is the corned beef hash which can come with a biscuit that tastes like the from scratch ones my mom used to make. The coffee is better than you would expect. The only down sides are the pancakes are nothing special and it's a cash only establishment.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have not been to Oakland in many years as I moved north to Canada. Recently I was staying with a friend in our old neighbourhood and decided to take a walk by myself and check out Momma's. I went in and ordered breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed myself while waiting for my order. The staff were all bustling about and friendly and energetic. The menu had great items just like it did back in the 80's. I was really impressed and felt like I was back in time for a minute (which had me 33 years young instead of 60) It was such a treat to have good food, good service and a walk down memory lane. It isn't often a cafe stays around for decades and serves such great food. I love it and would teleport back if I could for another fun morning out.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stopped by this Oakland classic for coffee and scones. The coffee was up to Bay Area standards: rich and tasty. The scones were delicious. This is a neat neighborhood shop!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We took the clan to Mama's for brunch and were not sorry one bit. Every item was prepared well. Service was funky and fun and attentive. Coffee was abundant. Options for sides, breads were many. The main choices satisfied all palettes form veggie to meats to eggs to othe options. Yummy.