“Enjoyable and tasty New Year's Eve”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A Cote

A Cote
Reserve with OpenTable
A Cote is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 1,257 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lawton
Transit: Rockridge Bart station 3 blocks north of the restaurant
Oakland, California
“Enjoyable and tasty New Year's Eve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We generally avoid going out on New Year's Eve. Many places inflate their menus and their prices and cram diners in like cattle. We didn't feel that way at A Cote. The atmosphere was subtly festive -- servers in cocktail attire and some balloons but it had its usual welcoming feel. The menu had some items that were pricier than usual but still good value. Our party of four enjoyed every dish we ordered including the three desserts. Our only disappointment was that they didn't have our standard order - the mussels in a Pernod broth -- but the stuffed acorn squash and mushroom flatbread more than made up for it. A Cote is a must for us for special occasions and out of town visitors -- foodie friends from Boston liked it so much they returned the next night. We've never been disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Helen009

New York City, New York, USA
“Great wine list”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Lots of interesting wines from unexpected places. Let your server suggest something you haven't tried before. The flat bread is awesome!

Visited November 2013
Oakland, California, USA
“Excellent Service, Food, and Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We went here for my birthday this year and not only had an amazing meal but experienced I feel the best service I've had at any restaurant. They were kind, considerate, and went out of their way to make sure they took care of our table - and I saw them treat all their tables this way from all servers. Did I mention the food? With an excellent selection of wine it is easy to pair with their great food. It is small plates family style which also added to the experience! For a special night out you will not be disappointed by this restaurant.

Visited September 2013
San Francisco
“If you like warmth ask for an inside table, but go to enjoy the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had an enjoyable dinner at A Cote Restaurant, the small plate concept meant that we could all get tastes of many different dishes. I would say that I was not disappointed in any of the 10 dishes that our group of 6 sampled. I also liked that they cut all the "entree" dishes into 6 portions making it easier for us to distribute them. The duck spaghetti was very rich but somehow lacked a defining duckiness to the sauce, though the crispy duck bits were delicious. All the meats were presented a little on the rare side, which I totally enjoyed, but my sister was more for a medium cooked meat. The Calamari with the tiny harissa bits was a delicious appetizer. I could order 2 plates of the mussels and not want to share it was so good. Don't skip the desserts either they were very delicious, the pot au creme was every chocolate lovers dream.. The only negative was that sitting on the patio under the stars, very romantic, but it was a little cold towards the end of our 2+ hours of eathing.

• Visited October 2013
Oakland, California, USA
“One of my fav's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love the flatbreads and the mussels and the atmosphere is great. The patio in the back makes you feel like you are on vacation.

Visited September 2013

Been to A Cote? Share your experiences!