WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Lakeshore Cafe

Lakeshore Cafe
Ranked #117 of 1,234 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Allentown,PA
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Went here for breakfast with my son and his family the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Needless to say on a lovely morning in the the SF bay area it was somewhat crowded. Lucky for us since we had a 10 month old with us, we didn't have to wait too long. I ordered the Lakeshore Omelet which sounded really good with apple sausage, mushrooms, spinach, salsa and cheese. Sadly the flavor was flat. The salsa had no punch and the sausage, well what little there was wasn't as flavorful as I had hoped. Their SF Style home fries could have used some extra seasoning as well. As for prices they seemed a bit pricey.
But the real kicker was just seconds before our food came, a bottle of tabasco sauce came flying from the second floor narrowly missing the gentleman sitting at the table next to us. The bottle smashed into a zillion pieces when it hit the floor between our tables, with some of them ending up on the highchair where my beautiful granddaughter was sitting. We were still trying to assess the situation when the food came. While we were eating we kept finding pieces of glass all over our table. Yet NO ONE seemed to be concerned. May be I'm over reacting but when something like that happens wouldn't you expect some form of compensation or some show of concern? So if you want an average breakfast which is slightly over priced, but fast service enjoy your meal at The Lakeshore Cafe.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Lafayette, California
“Unique Diner with Great Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

Just a great little diner for breakfast and lunch. Nice and clean, and pleasant place for dining. Decorated nicely with murals of Lake Merritt on the walls, and many artistic paintings and photos of the area. They have a cute outdoor patio seating area in the back.

Breakfast items are eggs, pancakes and waffles. I have had both, and enjoyed my meal immensely. Nice proportions and I have had excellent service on all my visits.

For lunch, I have had the bbq hamburger, and a nice chicken cesar salad. Prices are reasonable, and you most likely will have to take some food home in a doggie bag due to the large portions.

I have been back over 20 times to this nice place with quality food.

A great place for eats. Highly recommended.

Dwight, Illinois
“Favorite place for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2008

A visit to Oakland would not be complete for me without a trip to the Lakeshore Cafe for breakfast. I always get the same thing, Joe's Special.....for those who don't know, it's scrambled eggs mixed with hamburger, spinach, mushrooms, onions and garlic. They serve it with wonderful fried potatoes, mine with sour cream of course, toast and fruit. It's the perfect breakfast, and this is my favorite breakfast spot in Oakland, with Mama's a close second.

There's usually not a long wait, even on the weekends and that's a big plus if you're in a hurry. It's in a nice neighborhood in Oakland too, lots of shops and activity and the price is right!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It's pretty good but kind of pricey and crowded. I prefer Lynn and Lu's Escapade Cafe.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good place for lunch and...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2008

good place for lunch and breakfast if you want a simple American style breakfast.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook