“Excellence in Oakland”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rio Vista
Transit: Bus #51 and #59 both stop on Piedmont Avenue.
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We tried Bay Wolf last night for the April in Paris menu. My choices (butter lettuce salad, short rib tortellini & biscotti) were all very good. We sat in the enclosed and heated porch which was quiet, comfortable & spacious.

There are newer reviews for BayWolf

Reviewed April 6, 2013

BayWolf continues to be one of the premier restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area. The food is innovative, the service professional, the ambiance perfect for quiet conversation. We've been coming here for special events and celebrations for more than 25 years. In contrast to many other restaurants, the quality here has remained high in every respect.

The menu is varied so that one can order small or large plates. The wine list is ample AND reasonable. And the setting is perfect for a relaxing and sumptuous meal!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just the very best. We and a wonderful time with great staff and really very good food. It is a tradition when we want a lovely evening out we go to BayWolf

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I thought I'd reviewed this place before and time to update but obviously not. I've been there several times now and each one was memorable.
The food and service are excellent. The menu is small but then of a very high standard, cooked to order and very nicely done. We shared a small plate of stuffed tortellini which was absolutely delicious. Followed variously by: Duck, chicken and shoulder of lamb with veg. all were excellent and I had the house Sangiovese by the glass which was wonderfully flavourful on its own and complimented the lamb beautifully.
Pud was the biscotti for me served with a glass of Gewürztraminer rather than a vin Santo but non the worse for that!
There was a large party in one side of the restaurant and we sat at suitable sized tables on the other side. Noise was an acceptable polite babble. The staff are friendly and attentive without being obtrusive and the price very reasonable for such a high standard of over-all dining experience. I will certainly go again and again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

BayWolf, in my opinion is one of the best restaurants in Oakland and has been for years. Whether with friends or business clients, it is a cozy place, not noisy and consistently good food. I have been going there for years and never been disappointed.