“Great little place in a great little neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of BayWolf - CLOSED

BayWolf
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rio Vista
Transit: Bus #51 and #59 both stop on Piedmont Avenue.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great little place in a great little neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was not sure what to expect. What I found was a relaxing time with great food. I opted for the vegetarian dish this evening...stuffed eggplant with chick peas. Outstanding! And I usually do not eat exclusive veggies. I started with the spiced olives appetizer. Also, very good. The dessert - peach cake - was satisfying. The beer list was small, but quality. I recommend.

• Visited August 2012

Concord, California
“fine dining in a relaxing setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

A very nice experience. In additon to the regular restaurant seating, BayWolf has an enclosed porch overlooking the sidewalk where we dined. I recommend sitting here if it is available as it is quiet, mellow and conducive to conversation. Our server, Lydia, was excellent, friendly, very knowledgeable about the food and helpful with recommendations. We started with fried squash blossoms and apricot salad. For entrees, we chose the Liberty Ranch Duck with grilled figs and sherry reduction and the Braised shoulder of Lamb with eggplant puree and grilled escarole. Both were excellent. Desserts consisted of apricot upside down cake with olallieberry sauce and strawberry-blackberry cobbler. BayWolf is well-known for their duck dishes. The menu changes monthly, but there always is at least one duck entree. The one we had lived up to the reputation. The wine list is excellent.

• Visited July 2012
Oakland, California, United States
“Eh...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I came here on yet another date night. I have passed it by so many times, and finally decided it was time to give her a try. The restaurant was uncomfortably hot during dinner time. I ended up having to switch seats so that I was closer to the door because I was sweating before the meal even started.

There was something awkward and cold about our server...like that was the last place he wanted to be. He was short, stiff, and basically function on auto pilot with very little emotion or personality...but staff aside...

The food was good, but it wasn't great. I had the duck and he had the chicken. Both dishes were forgettable. I wasn't very impressed by their wine selection either. Also, judging by the atmosphere and the other diners, I think the age demographic here is probably double my age...so if you are in your 20's or 30's looking for a fun, hip, date spot I'd go elsewhere.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Dianah R
“An East Bay Stand-By”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

My son and his family introduced me to this restaurant, run by a long-time SF Bay resident. The food is consistently good, the service pleasant. Go there a few times and you will be a regular.

• Visited February 2012
Oakland, California
“They Must Be Doing Something Right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Another Oakland eatery that has survived and thrived through the eating public's fickle preferences. I always feel special and look forward to the chef''s creativity.