“Good sandwiches GREAT desserts”

Fentons Creamery and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 27 Dessert in Oakland
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Stopped for late lunch with visiting adult sweet tooth daughter. Sandwiches/burgers were good and large portions. We had a coffee ice cream sundae with different toppings. SO GOOD and huge. The three of us couldn’t finish it. We were seated immediately and service was great. I imagine at lunch hour or on a weekend you could wait a while. I don’t know if they take reservations. If we lived nearby I would be there all the time!

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

My granddaughter had her second birthday at Fentons. Her parents , 2 grandmothers , an aunt, and me, her grandfather, we're there. The restaurant was very busy when we arrived at 7pm. We were seated in the back room . The waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. She made recommendations after several questions from our group. We ordered different sandwiches from Po boy to my simple burger. Every one liked their choices. We all ordered fries, potato and sweet potato so we all could share . Then the ice cream topped off the meal. And when the waitress brought the birthday girl her scoop, she led the room in singing . Our bill was just a little over $120, but it was well worth it. The only negative is parking. We were fortunate that some people were just leaving when we arrived . We will return again when we return to see our granddaughter .

Reviewed October 30, 2017

We were in San Francisco with my brother on vacation. We grew up in the Bay Area and this was always a family favorite. My parents loved this place. Since we were in the area we had to come and have ice cream. We were so gald we did. The ice cream is still great. The portions are huge. My favorite is the Black & White and it did not disappoint. It was just like old times. It is quite busy, but our wait time was not as long as we feared. Parking a little is difficult. We eded up parking down the street.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

I have been going to Fentons since I was a little kid. It is a big loud, fun place for families. The food isn't fantastic, but the ice cream is great and served in huge portions. This is a good spot for families and groups, but not the spot for a romantic date with quiet conversation; ots of birthday parties and kids running around. One thing to watch out for is the wait at popular times is an hour or more. If you want to check it out, they do serve breakfast or you can get ice cream to go and walk down Piedmont Avenue which is quite quaint.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

I love this place. I have been going here for 40 years plus. You can get an awesome crab sandwich and finish off with an ice cream dessert. Not gourmet but the ice cream I grew up with. I go here to count red and blue cars (UP) and to catch lunch with friends. It is a great place for everyone - grown ups and kids. If you don't like kids, maybe not the best place. But I like kids so no problem. The only downside is the lack of parking in the area.