WINNER WONDERLAND

“the worst customer service!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crown Lodge Motel

Crown Lodge Motel
Ranked #40 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
“the worst customer service!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

very bad customer service and the attitude is on bearable.
and the room smelled really bad...to die!!
they said that if we don't like thier customer service we can go and find another Motel.
Now that is how you keep customers coming back!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank JoshBlum123770
nagod, Manager at Crown Lodge Motel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Well Mr. Blum reserved a room with 1 king bed non smoking through Hotwire, when he got here since there were 2 guys he demanded room with 2 beds so I showed him his reservation and told him that we do have a room with 2 beds but he would have to pay extra $10.00 for 2 nights that was a dip discounted rate since he was staying 2 nights. He was not willing to pay for it. Finally he took the 1 bed king size. Upon checking out at 12:00 which is an hour late he writes this review.
Guess he reserved the room thinking he could get the room with 2 beds for the same price, and since we asked for just $10.00 more he didn't like it. Also he did not had any complaint what so ever for 2 days he stayed. Thank you.

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

The rooms are real clean , the service is real cool the area is okay i come here all the time and everytime im satisfied. There isnt alot of people running in and out every thing is good, they make sure they wake u up at 10:30am before check-out good for me everytime because of my work schedule.

• Stayed January 2014
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We chose the Crown Lodge as we would arrive into San Francisco late in the night. So this place is a little out of town. However, the hotel is good and reasonably priced. The location might be one not to stay out to late at night or with family too! There are good eateries nearby. It is quite some distance to downtown SF but that is the price to pay for a low price hotel! Would recommend for individuals' stay...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

After checking in and seeing that the room was extremely dirty we talked to the manager which told us that the room wasn't dirty. We insisted that it was and for him to go check it, he told us to go home. Not only was the room dirty but the management was very rude. Would not recommend it. It is also in a very bad location!!!!! We ended up leaving after only an hour. We booked through Expedia and had to call them about five times to get our money back.

• Stayed July 2013
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

Well, I booked for an impromptu trip to Northern California, and arrived for a 9 PM check in with my Expedia print out in hand. Simple I thought.
The manager scoffed "There is no registration for you". He appeared puzzled to see the confirmation number I had in hand, staring first at it for what seemed like 5 minutes and then at my ID for another 5, then back again. He then asked me repeatedly if I smoked, then yelled "No smoking here!" Eventually his confusion led to him giving me a room key, and reminding me again not to smoke. He murmured something about his daughter fixing the credit card. I had to ask for a room number, and where I could find the room
So....I grabbed my bag from the car, and realized the stair case emptied out into the street. Travelling alone, I did make note of the pedestrian activity. I would suggest walking past your room if you are watched like I was. When the pedestrian traffic moved on, I went back to my room and realized I could block the door with the chair and suitcase.
Maybe this helped me feel a little better since the outside of the door seemed to be ....umm.....fragile.
I nodded off , and the phone rang after 11PM, and some woman was asking for my credit card. She then identified herself as the managers daughter, and asked again. After I encouraged her to confirm the number she had on my reservation ( that Dad couldn't find ), she told me she needed the actual card to charge it and asked me to come downstairs. I asked her to come upstairs.....Ha.....She wouldn't even go outside at that hour in that neighborhood. She agreed to have me bring it down in the morning.
Morning comes, the heavy trucks begin rattling by, and the phone rings again at 7 AM. It's Dad. He wants the credit card, and to know exactly what time I'll be checking out. Really? 2 calls while I try to sleep, just because they can't retrieve a reservation from on-line?
I packed up, and he ran the charge, as I remember if you book online, the hotel never charges you directly. I'll be contacting my bank to check for double charges

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
12 Thank dutchoboe
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed 1 night, neighborhood was very bad. We saw 1 patron get robbed when going to the vending machines. The ice machine cost $.25 cents and it was dirty and stinky. We heard arguing and police sirens all night. Once the sun goes downs it's safer to stay inside. Horrible place to stay we will never go there again. We found it on Priceline and we are very disgusted.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
9 Thank beckyinsac
Lubbock,TX.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

i stayed here while i was on Business in Bay Area. Rooms were Clean. Looked Niced. and the price was right. hotel is close to FWY 580 and where i have to go. the staff was very friendly and gave us information on resturant in area and even gave us proper direction.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank TJ51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
Bay Breeze Inn Oakland
Courtyard Oakland Airport
Courtyard Oakland Airport
#13 of 49 in Oakland
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay

Been to Crown Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!