“Great space, yummy food”
Review of Haven Oakland - CLOSED

Haven Oakland
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Embarcadero W.
Transit: Free bus at both Webster and Broadway at Embarcadero. Civic Center and Lake Merritt BART stations are just a few blocks walk. Coming from San Francisco? Consider taking the Ferry over since it drops you right at in Jack London.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

If there was a way to give this restaurant 4.5 stars, I would. Food and drink you gotta taste. Had a great time watching our bartender create superb cocktails selecting ingredients from an assortment of homemade tinctures and infusions. We started dinner with two orders of brussels sprouts. Each leaf had been individually separated from their tiny heads and flash fried. Excellent. Our main course was roasted artichokes served over perfectly cooked grits. Delicious. Can be served with an egg. Good place for "date night," celebration, and business. Easily satisfy a variety of food preferences: herbivore, carnivore, omnivore. Definitely returning.

1  Thank jennyclover

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We came here have Chef Kim's amazing Market Menu, only to find that they had changed Chefs. No worries. This restaurant still fires on all cylinders. The new chef has a very different style—kind of rustic French inspired—but we had some notable entrées and apps. (The speciality drinks are still meh—don't bother—but the wine by the glass choices amaze.)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The food was great, to be sure. But even more than that, the entire restaurant staff tried so hard to make our experience pleasurable. The chef has thought things out for himself and tries new things. I loved my squid, and the steelhead was terrific. The turnips tasted great, I was surprised to think I never have them otherwise. My wife's chicken was very tasty.

Our waiter was terrific. Knew everything about the food, in detail when asked. Very pleasant and humorous, and low key but attentive.

I love it when people try to do something seriously. They have done a good job here, and I bet it will get even better.

Go Oakland!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Foodies from San Francisco are missing a great renaissance in Oakland. We started to go for the food trucks but the lines were too long. So grabbed bar stools at the Have. Bar tender knows his stuff and the steak with several kinds of grilled onions was amazing. I'll go back.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Superb food, cocktails and service, in a nice location by the waterfront. Decor is open, dark wood, airy, staff are knowledgeable and friendly. As with its sister restaurant in Uptown, Plum, their portions are smallish and prices highish, so it's a little expensive for what you get. But go for a treat - it's a pleasure.